• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deferring/delaying SDLT as a cheap loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director's loan, surely?

Comment

Cheaper house? (£20k SDLT = £600k house)

Defer purchase until you actually have the money?

I don't think your convenyancer will give you the option to not pay them the SDLT before completion.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Would the solicitor go ahead with completion if he did not have the funds in place?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          Cheaper house? (£20k SDLT = £600k house)

Defer purchase until you actually have the money?.
          We think this is 'the' house otherwise we wouldn't be looking until we had all the funds in place... it's pretty unique.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Would the solicitor go ahead with completion if he did not have the funds in place?
          I did wonder that too. Conveyancing quotes include the SDLT and I know they expect to pay the SDLT for you on completion but I do not know if they would countenance letting you be responsible or not.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            We think this is 'the' house otherwise we wouldn't be looking until we had all the funds in place... it's pretty unique.
            I would take out the money and if you need to buy a car etc use a credit card/loan.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I did wonder that too. Conveyancing quotes include the SDLT and I know they expect to pay the SDLT for you on completion but I do not know if they would countenance letting you be responsible or not.
            I remember I had to pay everything including stamp duty to their client account BEFORE contracts where exchanged. They then screwed up by not informing the land registry until I noticed a few months later.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I would take out the money and if you need to buy a car etc use a credit card/loan. .
              People have to use credit cards and loans to buy cars????
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Some people choose to even if they don't need to.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  They do when they're trying to buy a house they can't afford.

Credit cards and loans will, of course, affect mortgage affordability.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    They do when they're trying to buy a house they can't afford.

Credit cards and loans will, of course, affect mortgage affordability.
                    You buy the house first then if you need to buy a car, because yours is soo broken it can't be repaired, you use a credit card/loan.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X