• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Bill passed in commons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Second Reading passed, to be precise. Still got to go to committee, and then all the other stages.
    More than that, the programme motion also passed for accelerated progress through a Committee of the whole House. All done on 8th Feb and across to the Lords in good time If you're expecting a rebellion on the A50 bill, you're likely to be disappointed. Even the amendment on a so-called "meaningful" vote on the final deal is a long-shot. Essentially, it's done for now. The pushback won't come until the Great Repeal Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Hey its not us, its the ever loving EU who won't confirm your status
      It doesn't take the EU to confirm someone is mentally unfit.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You keep telling us we were a Global nobody who cannot survive without the EU propping us up.

How wrong you are....
        i don't believe in catastrophe. Just dull stagnation and 70s like poor public services, inflation, dirty streets etc.
        Or do you expect the debt situation will magically resolve itself?
        Of course I may be very wrong, but in all the months we've talked about this no one has come with any idea how we're going to thrive in the brave new world.

Willing to change my mind if you can come up with something better than la la la it's all going to be alright
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          So we're taking a hard line on EU nationals living in the UK. 'Little England' with bells on here we come.
          No not really, I hope they take pity on you, as I hope we accept those already here (as long as they don't commit crime) and let them stay. For me the whole EU thing was never about migration, it was about corruption, and the EU have excelled themselves on that score.

PS - loved the way you completely ducked the point. Surprised? Not. Even. Almost.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            i don't believe in catastrophe. Just dull stagnation and 70s like poor public services, inflation, dirty streets etc.
            Or do you expect the debt situation will magically resolve itself?
            Of course I may be very wrong, but in all the months we've talked about this no one has come with any idea how we're going to thrive in the brave new world.

Willing to change my mind if you can come up with something better than la la la it's all going to be alright
            I think the phrase is if you do what you have always done you will get what you have always got.

The EU was not what we wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              The EU was not what we wanted.
              That's because the EU is not a sales house. It is a partnership, team, everyone contributes for mutual benefit. Unfortunately for years the UK was happy to sit on the sides lines complaining from the dugout rather than becoming involved.

What the UK wants no longer exists in todays world. The world is much smaller. There's now a greater need for humans to be working together than further apart. Much greater.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That's because the EU is not a sales house. It is a partnership, team, everyone contributes for mutual benefit. Unfortunately for years the UK was happy to sit on the sides lines complaining from the dugout rather than becoming involved.

What the UK wants no longer exists in todays world. The world is much smaller. There's now a greater need for humans to be working together than further apart. Much greater.
                Yes indeed we should all work together for the glory of the Union.

Where have I heard that before?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Yes indeed we should all work together for the glory of the Union.

Where have I heard that before?

Them people... you know the ones that believe climate change stops at the border waiting for its passport to be stamped. The same people that believe international tax evasion by large conglomerates is a country sized issue. The same people who believe isolation is the way to solve the problems humanity faces on a global scale.

Them people...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Followed by David Cameron to go down as the most incompetent PM in British history.
                    According to the Left, he's not been incompetent... they claim he's made loads of changes to make the nation far more right-wing
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So now the MP's have swallowed the frog to satisfy the hallowed referendum result, let the rebellion commence:

Brexit: Conservative MP Neil Carmichael reveals he is set to rebel to guarantee MPs a 'meaningful vote' on final deal | The Independent

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X