• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Bill passed in commons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Them people... you know the ones that believe climate change stops at the border waiting for its passport to be stamped. But buy all their goods from China driven by 1960's style coal fired power stations powering factories staffed by 7 year olds that pollute the rivers. Or those people that send old electronics to India to be burnt on their beaches & Picked through by kids.

The same people that believe international tax evasion by large conglomerates is something JC Juncker arranges for them. The same people who believe corruption & dissent is the way to solve the problems humanity faces on a global scale.

We are leaving a cartel not joining Hades:
    FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      So now the MP's have swallowed the frog to satisfy the hallowed referendum result, let the rebellion commence:

Brexit: Conservative MP Neil Carmichael reveals he is set to rebel to guarantee MPs a 'meaningful vote' on final deal | The Independent

There isn't much in this. Some of the votes next week will be closer than those last night, and the gov't will make some minor process concessions, but this rebellion won't be a material one (i.e. no chance of a final vote defaulting to another renegotiation). The Tory rebels are split on this point, and there's enough support from the other parties to guarantee passage. The real fireworks won't come until the Great Repeal Bill, which is less politicised than the triggering of A50.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        FTFY
        It's a good effort, but you've failed in your belief the the EU imports as much tat from China as does the UK.

First think I picked up in my hand, a glass from that Ikea place. Made in Russia. The next a pen... made in Germany! Next a ruler (yes some people still use) made in the Netherlands it says. On look the bulb above me head, Osram.. hmmm wonder what country that is

Must try harder Vetran!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          It's a good effort, but you've failed in your belief the the EU imports as much tat from China as does the UK.

First think I picked up in my hand, a glass from that Ikea place. Made in Russia. The next a pen... made in Germany! Next a ruler (yes some people still use) made in the Netherlands it says. On look the bulb above me head, Osram.. hmmm wonder what country that is

Must try harder Vetran!
          Oh look facts how inconvenient...

China - Trade - European Commission

EU-China trade has increased dramatically in recent years. China is the EU's biggest source of imports by far, and has also become one of the EU's fastest growing export markets. The EU has also become China’s biggest source of imports. China and Europe now trade well over €1 billion a day.
          EU imports from China are dominated by industrial and consumer goods: machinery and equipment, footwear and clothing, furniture and lamps, and toys. EU exports to China are concentrated on machinery and equipment, motor vehicles, aircraft, and chemicals.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            The real fireworks won't come until the Great Repeal Bill, which is less politicised than the triggering of A50.
            That's when people start to realise we're probably going to keep more or less all the laws that were supposedly forced upon us? That will be interesting.

There's a greater question here as to whether we expect politicians to now be reduced to simply taking an opinion poll and voting for what the people say, or whether we want them to start being politicians again. I did like the bloke that gave the 8 second speech; he may as well have said "we're all entirely pointless".
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X