• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom- robots harness power of the wheel!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom- robots harness power of the wheel!

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...d-robot-handle

Mans greatest invention the wheel has been harnessed by robots!

Skater kid Jodie said "no bitchin way those robots taking over my park. Gonna pop a cap in it and the po po can go to hell!"

- the human resistance started with the skater kids.

I think it's cool.

Very cool.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They do some really crazy stuff there. Must be a very cool place to work and have some pretty smart people there.

Amazon must be wetting themselves looking at the speed of that thing. Just what they need.

I see in the background they've got that other robot that they showed picking stuff up and stabilizing it's self when kicked and pushed. I can't find it now but Ozzy Man did a great review of that video
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah I remember they did a military trial with the mule robot. I think the marines said it was just too noisy but I can see it used elsewhere. Exciting times.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...d-robot-handle

Mans greatest invention the wheel has been harnessed by robots!

Skater kid Jodie said "no bitchin way those robots taking over my park. Gonna pop a cap in it and the po po can go to hell!"

- the human resistance started with the skater kids.

I think it's cool.
          Nice, although like a Dalek it will never be able to go up a flight of stairs!

But it won't be long before robots are dexterously trotting about on pairs of legs
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Nice, although like a Dalek it will never be able to go up a flight of stairs!

But it won't be long before robots are dexterously trotting about on pairs of legs
            Dunno. They seem to have nailed the stabisation on all the robots. Shouldn't be hard to combine them so the wheels lock and it goes in to walk mode or something.

As with any new tech they size will come down and noise should be easily dealt with once it starts becoming commercially viable.

Should be some great stuff coming out of their soon. Join up with Tesla and they could put a seat on the back of the wheels one and you've got a super nifty town taxi.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Should be some great stuff coming out of their soon. Join up with Tesla and they could put a seat on the back of the wheels one and you've got a super nifty town taxi.
              Should put dicks like this out of business too. Win win.

Comment

Working...
              X