• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bit of a technical question but opinion is great

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Sub-contract to EU.
    if you see the EIM forms you would probably decide they had been designed by a committee.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      .. Then get told by the one who asked you to do it (who doesn't understand why records need an identifiable key) & Your Boss who is non technical that you are over complicating things and you think WTF??? ...
      It's a wonder these amateurs stay in business.

And it takes extra stupidity to dispute the need for unique keys even when the reasons are patiently explained.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        It's a wonder these amateurs stay in business.

And it takes extra stupidity to dispute the need for unique keys even when the reasons are patiently explained.
        The usual bulltulip logic that you get is that it takes too long to do it properly.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The usual bulltulip logic that you get is that it takes too long to do it properly.
          And......then that bulltulip decision bites them back for years afterwards
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If only that was what I requested 3 years ago.
            Who cares what you requested 3 years ago. Here's what you should do today.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Agreed, lets not look back and learn from our mistakes.......lets just look forward
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

hardly I know what the answer is. I just needed the love.

A is the only answer if you practice mortgage-driven development and are keen to ensure many more years worth of contract renewals.

I thought you guys needed a laugh.
                FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  If I was refused 3 years ago what makes you think I'm going to get it fixed today in the bits I have no control over.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    FTFY.
                    If in doubt, code in vague complexities that only you understand and then don't document them or even comment the code, other than that you built it and your email address so that you'll get repeat business.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      FTFY.
                      Lovin that!

Comment

Working...
                      X