• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knutsford chat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Yes, I always suspected there would be some trade deal with India that required us to issue lots of visas to Indians so they can come here to work.

In fact I read somewhere (and it could have been here but more likely the DM) that the Indian govt is actively looking at offloading a few million of its citizens.
    Feck they have over a billion.

Oh and that's one of the reasons I voted Remain.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes, I always suspected there would be some trade deal with India that required us to issue lots of visas to Indians so they can come here to work.

In fact I read somewhere (and it could have been here but more likely the DM) that the Indian govt is actively looking at offloading a few million of its citizens.
      If the British govt does this it will be a fatal mistake. Well, as they say, you reap what you sow

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Aye, AE is the champagne capital of Britain. Footballers' wives territory no question about it. Phil Neville's house was for sale on rightmove a couple of years ago, complete with a custom cloth on the pool table with Neville 18 on it.
        Still for sale quackers!

6 bedroom detached house for sale in Hilltop, Hale, WA15
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Feck they have over a billion.

Oh and that's one of the reasons I voted Remain.
          Same here.

And all the Indians I worked with at Accenture voted Brexit.

Hmmm... I wonder why...

To be honest, I was flabbergasted they even had a vote (and sc clearance .

Comment

Same here.

And all the Indians I worked with at Accenture voted Brexit.

Hmmm... I wonder why...

To be honest, I was flabbergasted they even had a vote (and sc clearance .
            So the Indians you worked with were actually British. They either had ancestral passports, where born here -moved back to India to be educated and moved here again - , or just moved over as adults and nationalised hence they haven't lost their accents.

Maybe you should talk to people nicely and with interest - food is always a good starting point as they love (laughing) at non-Indian people trying to cook their cuisine - so you can find out their backgrounds.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X