Parlez-vous français ? (Or any other second language) Parlez-vous français ? (Or any other second language) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Frauen scheißen auf den Glastisch.
    The question is should that be dative (dem) because it's a location, or should it accusative because it refers to a movement?

    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  2. #22

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    The question is should that be dative (dem) because it's a location, or should it accusative because it refers to a movement?

    Location is locative or prepositional case isn't it? Dative case refers to to whom something is given ie on the Reichstag, 'Dem Deutschen Volke'?

  3. #23

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    Location is locative or prepositional case isn't it? Dative case refers to to whom something is given ie on the Reichstag, 'Dem Deutschen Volke'?
    Errr, Romanes eunt domus is the only Latin I know.

    I think those cases folded together in German:

    Two-Way Prepositions - German for English SpeakersGerman for English Speakers
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  4. #24

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    Errr, Romanes eunt domus is the only Latin I know.
    [/url]
    Caecilius est in horto.

    Grumio est ebrius.

    Problem is I rote learnt my Latin to pass my exam so I can only remember simple sentences, some declension of some nouns and conjugation of some verbs.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •