• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parlez-vous français ? (Or any other second language)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Frauen scheißen auf den Glastisch.
    The question is should that be dative (dem) because it's a location, or should it accusative because it refers to a movement?

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      The question is should that be dative (dem) because it's a location, or should it accusative because it refers to a movement?

Location is locative or prepositional case isn't it? Dative case refers to to whom something is given ie on the Reichstag, 'Dem Deutschen Volke'?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Location is locative or prepositional case isn't it? Dative case refers to to whom something is given ie on the Reichstag, 'Dem Deutschen Volke'?
        Errr, Romanes eunt domus is the only Latin I know.

I think those cases folded together in German:

Two-Way Prepositions - German for English SpeakersGerman for English Speakers
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Errr, Romanes eunt domus is the only Latin I know.
          [/url]
          Caecilius est in horto.

Grumio est ebrius.

Problem is I rote learnt my Latin to pass my exam so I can only remember simple sentences, some declension of some nouns and conjugation of some verbs.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X