• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesel Scrappage Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to let my engine run outside your house for an hour....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I'm going to let my engine run outside your house for an hour....
      Whilst you pop in? 5 mins should do it.

Comment

Hmmm... interesting.

Not wishing to throw a curveball into the discussion but am I not right in assuming that part of the reason I have a diesel vehicle sitting on my drive is because a certain Labour prime minister made VED rates for diesel vehicles more attractive because they emit fewer greenhouse gasses?

We really are governed by a bunch of incompetents.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Hmmm... interesting.

Not wishing to throw a curveball into the discussion but am I not right in assuming that part of the reason I have a diesel vehicle sitting on my drive is because a certain Labour prime minister made VED rates for diesel vehicles more attractive because they emit fewer greenhouse gasses?

Indeed, petrol engines emit plant food, diesel engines emit tiny soot particulates and nitrogen dioxide, lethal stuff.

If any govt cares about public health, diesels need to be banned, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            Hmmm... interesting.

You've noticed?

Every time politicians get told the science is dodgy they don't listen they decide on alternative facts.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You've noticed?

Every time politicians get told the science is dodgy they don't listen they decide on alternative facts.
              Well, I suppose Mr Brown had to be right about something else. He was right about not joining the Euro, and he was right that diesel engines ARE more efficient AND produce fewer green house emissions than petrol engined vehicles.

However, it seems priorities have now changed. Is global warming not now number 1 priority in favour of banning diesel cars?
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

this would only happen in progressive UK

can't see this happening in continental Europe

infact on the mainland we all have these green stickers from TuV Nord and as long as you have a modern compliant diesel, and you pay the once only (that means one off/onetime) 15 euros you can drive in the city centers as often as you so wish

GB: Emissions stickers for Germany | TÜV SÜD GRUPPE

it would make sense for the UK to do the same, but I suppose it doesn't produce as much income as the extra 10 pounds a day (every day - nice little earner) charge in London and probably other cities

on the mainland if your diesel is too old to have the green sticker then you can't drive in the center of the cities - how simple is that

Milan.
                Last edited by milanbenes; 6 February 2017, 07:54.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  this would only happen in progressive UK

can't see this happening in continental Europe

infact on the mainland we all have these green stickers from TuV Nord and as long as you have a modern compliant diesel, and you pay the once only (that means one off/onetime) 15 euros you can drive in the city centers as often as you so wish

GB: Emissions stickers for Germany | TÜV SÜD GRUPPE

it would make sense for the UK to do the same, but I suppose it doesn't produce as much income as the extra 10 pounds a day (every day - nice little earner) charge in London and probably other cities

on the mainland if your diesel is too old to have the green sticker then you can't drive in the center of the cities - how simple is that

Milan.
                  Do VWs still get the green sticker or do you need to pell them off?
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

lol of course they do

anyway, back to the point, it would seem, compared to the mainland, Brits are being done up like kippers again ! on the congestion charge and the diesel scrappage

Milan.

Comment

As a diesel owner I shall wait & see what the scheme entails,

I assume that it’s going to be for the older models only, as there has been no comment that the road tax scheme is to change (as that is based on CO2 not NOX)
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X