• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump and H1B visas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump and H1B visas

I see Trump is going to change the H1B visa regime to significantly cut back on the number of cheap Indian nationals flooding into the USA to undercut local workers...

I wonder if we can get our own politicians to do the same with our equivalent intra company transfer visas?

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    I see Trump is going to change the H1B visa regime to significantly cut back on the number of cheap Indian nationals flooding into the USA to undercut local workers...

I wonder if we can get our own politicians to do the same with our equivalent intra company transfer visas?
    I strongly suspect not, the BobShops will be lobbying very hard for an increase in tech visas as part of our trade deal with India, so we'll be very lucky not to see one.
    On the bright side, those fortunate to get plenty of work clearing up their mess will be rushed off their feet.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I strongly suspect not, the BobShops will be lobbying very hard for an increase in tech visas as part of our trade deal with India, so we'll be very lucky not to see one.
      On the bright side, those fortunate to get plenty of work clearing up their mess will be rushed off their feet.
      Unfortunately the modus operandi now seems to be to sub the ****ed up work out to an every growing list of Indian bodyshops.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Unfortunately the modus operandi now seems to be to sub the ****ed up work out to an every growing list of Indian bodyshops.
        We've got three of them in current Clientco, Wipro clean up Infotech's clusterf***s, IBM cleans up Wipro's.

Was literally told that even though independent contractors do 3 times the work at 5 times the quality, Clientco has gone down the offshore vendor route because they can just throw more bodies at it.

Comment

Working...
        X