Trump and H1B visas Trump and H1B visas
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Contractor Among Contractors

CoolCat has more data than eek

Default Trump and H1B visas

I see Trump is going to change the H1B visa regime to significantly cut back on the number of cheap Indian nationals flooding into the USA to undercut local workers...

I wonder if we can get our own politicians to do the same with our equivalent intra company transfer visas?

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    I see Trump is going to change the H1B visa regime to significantly cut back on the number of cheap Indian nationals flooding into the USA to undercut local workers...

I wonder if we can get our own politicians to do the same with our equivalent intra company transfer visas?
    I strongly suspect not, the BobShops will be lobbying very hard for an increase in tech visas as part of our trade deal with India, so we'll be very lucky not to see one.
    On the bright side, those fortunate to get plenty of work clearing up their mess will be rushed off their feet.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    I strongly suspect not, the BobShops will be lobbying very hard for an increase in tech visas as part of our trade deal with India, so we'll be very lucky not to see one.
    On the bright side, those fortunate to get plenty of work clearing up their mess will be rushed off their feet.
    Unfortunately the modus operandi now seems to be to sub the ****ed up work out to an every growing list of Indian bodyshops.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Unfortunately the modus operandi now seems to be to sub the ****ed up work out to an every growing list of Indian bodyshops.
    We've got three of them in current Clientco, Wipro clean up Infotech's clusterf***s, IBM cleans up Wipro's.

Was literally told that even though independent contractors do 3 times the work at 5 times the quality, Clientco has gone down the offshore vendor route because they can just throw more bodies at it.