• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Brexit Healthcare disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    Not sure why you think Brexit is related to the drop in the pound?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
      Not sure why you think Brexit is related to the drop in the pound?

Carney promised to raise interest rates if we voted for Brexit. So we did. Then he betrayed us by doing the opposite and lowering interest rates, destroying the pound.

The reason why the NHS doesn't have the extra money is because the remainiac Theresa May has wasted 600 million so far by refusing to send the Eurocrats a letter.

Alice through the looking Glass
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I love a comedian.
        What British goods? Name one British made/owned item in your house.
        Then count the non-British items.

Here's a quick inventory in my house:

German: cooker, dishwasher, dryer, vacuum cleaner, car
        Korean: 3/4 TVs, washing machine, fridge
        Chinese: Lenovo Thinkpad and no doubt lots of little things like kettles toasters etc.
        American: Apple ipad, imac
        Engish: Vacuum cleaner (Dyson) unused due to being sh1te.
        I have a bottle of Henderson's Relish about the house somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I love a comedian.
          What British goods? Name one British made/owned item in your house.
          Then count the non-British items.

Here's a quick inventory in my house:

German: cooker, dishwasher, dryer, vacuum cleaner, car
          Korean: 3/4 TVs, washing machine, fridge
          Chinese: Lenovo Thinkpad and no doubt lots of little things like kettles toasters etc.
          American: Apple ipad, imac
          Engish: Vacuum cleaner (Dyson) unused due to being sh1te.
          Fair point, but you can turn it round and argue that if all these foreign manufactured goods become more expensive after Brexit that is an incentive and opportunity to bolster British manufacturing.

In the longer term that would benefit exports, assuming British-made goods weren't a load of tat (which I fear is what would happen, as we are largely a nation of cheapskates obsessed with price and neglecting quality).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Fair point, but you can turn it round and argue that if all these foreign manufactured goods become more expensive after Brexit that is an incentive and opportunity to bolster British manufacturing.

In the longer term that would benefit exports, assuming British-made goods weren't a load of tat (which I fear is what would happen, as we are largely a nation of cheapskates obsessed with price and neglecting quality).
            Jesus wept.

Comment

To create a manufacturing base in a country, you need to invest in education and infrastructure. It's at least one decade of investment before the returns start to happen. The current government aren't interested in that - as their supporters are talking about on other threads, the direction looks like it's heading towards tax breaks for foreign investment, rather than support for local people and business.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                To create a manufacturing base in a country, you need to invest in education and infrastructure. It's at least one decade of investment before the returns start to happen. The current government aren't interested in that - as their supporters are talking about on other threads, the direction looks like it's heading towards tax breaks for foreign investment, rather than support for local people and business.
                Stop talking down the economy. It worked fine for Zimbabwe.

Comment

Working...
                X