• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funny named people you have worked with.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I started as an apprentice one of the guys was called Andy Hope. Not that funny as a name but he got ribbed mercilessly people saying 'Haven't go A Hope' 'You'll need A Hope' 'We are interviewing Andy Prayer this week' etc

Pretty childish but entertaining at the time.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      There was a Hugh Jardon in our local constabulary.....
      You shouldn't have started a dirty protest in your cell.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        When I started as an apprentice one of the guys was called Andy Hope. Not that funny as a name but he got ribbed mercilessly people saying 'Haven't go A Hope' 'You'll need A Hope' 'We are interviewing Andy Prayer this week' etc

Pretty childish but entertaining at the time.
        I was at college with a couple of Gays. A Gay and B Gay.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A skinny Italian guy - Massimo Fatone.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            One of our clients is called Philip Kinnell. He inisists on being called Phil.

Another time I worked for a Swiss gentleman called Peter Nuss. He always signed code changes as P Nuss.
            Yes that rings a bell wasn't he working with Eric.

Eric Tyle
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I worked with a yank once who, after being enlightened, decided to pronounce his surname 'Vanker'.

Comment

Bloke called Fazlur Kazi, tried to take the mick out of my regal moniker until I pointed out his surname was the agreed upon name for a sh!tter

Comment

Randy Baker
                  Rev Counter
                  First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

I worked with a guy called Alan Parsons when I worked in a pub shortly after leaving school. It was not long after Austin Powers 2 was out.

Comment

That reminds me. I worked with a gentleman whose first name was pariksh1t. We all used to call him Parik. A great guy - very clever.

Comment

Working...
                      X