• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funny named people you have worked with.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    You never worked with me though. We were doing 'real work'. What would we have needed a B.A. for ? (We already had a bird in the team to make the tea).
    Ah yes, your 'Test Cell'. I remember the scene. Picture TestMangler locked away with Quality Centre, a skype link to the needful doers and plate glass walls to shield the general populace from the inevitable stream of profanity.

Very entertaining. And cheaper than a trip to Monkey World.

Comment

Just looking on our mail and found this

Pooja Wankar and Sterin M Titty

Years ago at Shell we had David Bowie and Terry McDermott

At GSK we had Tom Bollock and Fanny Gravey and there was a Dick Gigante
      Last edited by BoredBloke; 8 February 2017, 11:09.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My dad used to work with Dr Horst Scheidt which we found amusing as children.
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

I worked at a client, and on the system, working there a guy listed as:

Ali G

I expected this:

Turns out it was short for Alistair Gainsborough and he looked and sounded like this:

Very odd.

Comment

The most annoying part of this thread is that the help desk used to have a list of funny names they had taken calls from.

And i cannot remember any of them.

One was something with banana but .....

Comment

I work with civil servants. They're an utter joke, does that count.

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
                I work with civil servants. They're an utter joke, does that count.
                Only if one or more of them is called Sybil Serpent.

Comment

Very good, I like that

Comment

used to know another Alan Parsons as well. we joked about him signing the vinyl for us

Comment

Working...
                    X