• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefits of Spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
    I have an accountant I trust who has saved me significant amounts of money over the time that I have used then. I have a system that I'm perfect happy with and does everything that I want it to do - which makes it a pretty useful portal to me.

I could change accountants to get something different; I could pay more and add something else to what I do. However why would I want to do that?

Either way, your post does nothing to convince me that NLUK is right when he asserts that the majority use FreeAgent, but I'll consider your opinion if I ever need to change accountant
    Thank you, for the avoidance of doubt, I couldn't care less whether NLUK is right or not. Never crossed my mind. Fact is though, the cloud software that cannot be named, is rapidly gaining a pretty dominant position in the contracting world. And with initiatives like MTD that is set to continue or accelerate. You get payslips with it too, no extra charge. As regards costs, you may be surprised what is out there. If you were to look up recent posts by myself you will see that you can get the nameless cloud software and accountancy for less than GBP 50 a month (+ VAT obviously).
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
      Either way, your post does nothing to convince me that NLUK is right when he asserts that the majority use FreeAgent, but I'll consider your opinion if I ever need to change accountant
      Twas only a year or two ago NLUK was telling anyone who'd listen FreeAgent was a complete waste of space and the SJD spreadsheet was perfect.

Interesting question whether 20% of CUK members were FreeAgent users, to be honest I could believe that, FreeAgent is most definitely tailored to the contractor market.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Thank you, for the avoidance of doubt, I couldn't care less whether NLUK is right or not. Never crossed my mind. Fact is though, the cloud software that cannot be named, is rapidly gaining a pretty dominant position in the contracting world. And with initiatives like MTD that is set to continue or accelerate. You get payslips with it too, no extra charge. As regards costs, you may be surprised what is out there. If you were to look up recent posts by myself you will see that you can get the nameless cloud software and accountancy for less than GBP 50 a month (+ VAT obviously).
        In the past year, the advice I received from my accountant saved me about £24000. I would need to be with someone else for 40 years to match that saving.

I am not saying that FreeAgent is good, bad or indifferent - I only questioned the assertion that the majority of contractors use them.
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Blimey, talk about a dog with a bone. How many times do you want to make your (valid) point?

I've said some stuff that's caused outrage and heated debate before but I didn't think this would be one of them lol.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            Twas only a year or two ago NLUK was telling anyone who'd listen FreeAgent was a complete waste of space and the SJD spreadsheet was perfect.

Interesting question whether 20% of CUK members were FreeAgent users, to be honest I could believe that, FreeAgent is most definitely tailored to the contractor market.
            Oi you stirring bugger!! That's not true!!!!.... It was just over 2 years ago

And I didn't say the other stuff either

Comment

I notice our resident alcoholic mod has finally sobered up enough to ban the OP. Took him long enough... But no entry in the Who's be banned thread. Pretty poor show all round I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I notice our resident alcoholic mod has finally sobered up enough to ban the OP. Took him long enough... But no entry in the Who's be banned thread. Pretty poor show all round I am afraid.
                Seems like he's completely burnt out.

I would report him to NAT, but I then realised NAT is in a similar stage to him too.

Is Cojak our only sober mod
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Seems like he's completely burnt out.

I would report him to NAT, but I then realised NAT is in a similar stage to him too.

Is Cojak our only sober mod
                  Realityhack?

Is this a case for bringing back MF as a mod?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Realityhack?

Is this a case for bringing back MF as a mod?

Surely just adding to the list of CUK Mods that have an alcohol problem
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I may be drunk, but you are ugly. Tomorrow I will be sober.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X