• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wikipedia bans the Daily Mail as a source for being 'unreliable'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wikipedia bans the Daily Mail as a source for being 'unreliable'

The general themes of the support votes centred on the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication."
    Never!!!!!!

Maybe we should do the same?

Wikipedia bans the Daily Mail as a source for being 'unreliable' | The Independent
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

KUATB

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ost-truth.html
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The general themes of the support votes centred on the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication."

I must admit is does ring a bell, also, when taking into a consideration a lot of the posters on here.

For that reason and that only reason I'm out
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yeah but post has a Guardian link which is just as unreliable and untrustworthy...

Mine is the Independent so completely trustworthy ... :..

But anyway...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

guess daily mail should fabricate a false wikipedia page and write that wikipedia is the most unreliable source ever

Comment

The Guardian is certainly as opinionated as the DM, but is it really as unreliable for the basic facts? Most of their stories seem to link to some sort of source even if their argument is often totally at odds with or making a lefty inference from what the source says; the DM just makes stuff up or says "some people claim..."
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The Guardian is certainly as opinionated as the DM, but is it really as unreliable for the basic facts? Most of their stories seem to link to some sort of source even if their argument is often totally at odds with or making a lefty inference from what the source says; the DM just makes stuff up or says "some people claim..."
              The difference is that The Guardian and other serious news papers do fact checking before publishing anything, they will give their own spin to the stories left or right wing, but the event they are reporting on was real, as long as you realise that, you can make up your own mind.
              The DM comes up with totally made up stories and simpleton derelict coastal town UKIP voters take that as the full truth..

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Guardian banned me from the comments section twice for disagreeing with the article. Just disagreeing, not trolling or being nasty just stating a different opinion.

So based on my experience the guardian lives in a bubble, they present news that furthers their views and they don't tolerate anyone that disagrees. The Guardian is the trump of newspapers. The independent is drivel. The daily mail is actually quite fun as long as you don't regard it as a newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Guardian banned me from the comments section twice for disagreeing with the article. Just disagreeing, not trolling or being nasty just stating a different opinion.

So based on my experience the guardian lives in a bubble, they present news that furthers their views and they don't tolerate anyone that disagrees. The Guardian is the trump of newspapers. The independent is drivel. The daily mail is actually quite fun as long as you don't regard it as a newspaper.
                  The Telegraph is similar to the Guardian in this respect, but they are both quality newspapers, and I read both of them. However, the Mail is best summed up by:

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

It's their comments section for people who read the Guardian... expecting an open forum is naive!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X