• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Man you take stuff personally.... I'm an expert Dev like most decent contractors.... No need to get jealous. Plus too many clientcos after me for me to not get a bit confident of my own ability like.....

Funniest thing you've said all day.

ROFL.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Man you take stuff personally.... I'm an expert Dev like most decent contractors.... No need to get jealous. Plus too many clientcos after me for me to not get a bit confident of my own ability like.....
      Don't mind him. 180 quid is more than he made last weekend, with that Turkish tanker in port and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Don't mind him. 180 quid is more than he made last weekend, with that Turkish tanker in port and everything.
        True say....

Comment

and crossing the line from confident to being up your own ass as I said.

£180 isn't great, the advert clearly admits that but for 6 weeks to someone on the bench, close to home, our offshore friends, isn't a million miles off. It's a lot more than £5 take home, its much better that flipping burgers. Saying it's slavery while you are telling everyone you are an expert dev just looks.. well up you know.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

£180 isn't great, the advert clearly admits that but for 6 weeks to someone on the bench, close to home, our offshore friends, isn't a million miles off. It's a lot more than £5 take home, its much better that flipping burgers. Saying it's slavery while you are telling everyone you are an expert dev just looks.. well up you know.....
            Well we should be a bit suspicious of the expert dev:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-clothing.html

Sainsbury's Clothing
            OK, I normally hate the idea of buying clothing from a supermarket and very rarely do it - every time I have been inside tesco's clothing section I get put off by the mess, cloths scattered all over the place, on the floor, no organisation etc.

The other day I went into Sainsbury's (Cheadle) and thought I'd give it a chance. They had an excellent range of clothing which was really good quality and well prices. It was organised like you would expect to see it in John Lewis and Selfridge's. I spent £60 on winter clothing, a scarf, cloths for the little one and the experience/quality of the clothing was great.

A great range of clothing, all spaciously laid out.

I'll be going back there to get some more stuff soon......
            Doesn't look right.

Anyway, back on topic, this kind of contract might be ideal for PC. Gets the Dole Office off his back and then after 6 weeks he can reset the clock with the increasing interventions and sanctions regime, and get a bit of cash in the pocket to pay off the loan shark.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Going by the usual perm to contract comparison you so regularly spout on here.... I'd say it was below the poverty line.

Comment

Well we should be a bit suspicious of the expert dev:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-clothing.html

Doesn't look right.

Anyway, back on topic, this kind of contract might be ideal for PC. Gets the Dole Office off his back and then after 6 weeks he can reset the clock with the increasing interventions and sanctions regime, and get a bit of cash in the pocket to pay off the loan shark.

are you stalking me or something, had completely forgotten about that thread it was so long ago!

Comment

are you stalking me or something
                  You should be so lucky, sweetheart.

Anyway, how did your supermarket togs last you in the end?
                  Last edited by northernladyuk; 9 February 2017, 17:22.

Comment

You should be so lucky, sweetheart.

Anyway, how did your supermarket togs last you in the end?
                    ages... still wearing them... then again that's probably cos family expenses have rinsed me and I can barely afford my contractor lifestyle anymore

Comment

How is this even legal? It's slave labour surely. You'd probably end up with a fiver after expenses, tax and NI

__________________________________________________ ______________

Business Intelligence Developer required in the North West of England
                      Band 7 : £180.00 Per day
                      Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                      Factor in no sick leave, holiday and pension etc and you'd be better off flipping burgers at Maccy D's...
                      Maybe take a brief stroll into the real world and price that up before making such claims... go on I dare you
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X