• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You should be so lucky, sweetheart.

Anyway, how did your supermarket togs last you in the end?
    One sweatshop is pretty much like another.

Incidentally I'm surprised by the number of men who like Sainsburys jeans and some of them are young ones....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      One sweatshop is pretty much like another.

Incidentally I'm surprised by the number of men who like Sainsburys jeans and some of them are young ones....
      Not for me, I like my clothes, original loom 501 Levis, Paul Smith Italian made shirts, John Smedley knitwear and Crocket and Jones for shoes...........etc.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Not for me, I like my clothes, original loom 501 Levis, Paul Smith Italian made shirts, John Smedley knitwear and Crocket and Jones for shoes...........etc.
        There really is no point to parody post Brexit and Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          There really is no point to parody post Brexit and Trump.
          No parody here.

Booming along quite nicely
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You clearly don't know how clothes are made even high end fashion designer ones.

They use different material per manufacturer but they subcontract them out so the people doing most of the work are often in very small sweat shops in a developing nations.

There are very few brands - and they tend to be the traditional brands - that don't do this.

Shoes, including sports ones to do actual sport in, tend to be different as retailers are more truthful where they are made.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No intentional parody here.

Booming along quite nicely
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You clearly don't know how clothes are made even high end fashion designer ones.

They use different material per manufacturer but they subcontract them out so the people doing most of the work are often in very small sweat shops in a developing nations.

There are very few brands - and they tend to be the traditional brands - that don't do this.

Shoes, including sports ones to do actual sport in, tend to be different as retailers are more truthful where they are made.

Errrrrmmm, Paul Smith made in Italy from European fabric, John Smedley made in England from New Zealand wool, Original loom Levis US made, Crocket and Jones handmade in Northamptonshire from UK leather......
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Errrrrmmm, Paul Smith made in Italy from European fabric, John Smedley made in England from New Zealand wool, Original loom Levis US made, Crocket and Jones handmade in Northamptonshire from UK leather......
                  No sweatshops in Italy is there

http://m.scmp.com/news/world/europe/...down-sweatshop
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Never said I was perfect, what I was challenging was SEs statement that "clearly don't know how clothes are made".

However, I do try and buy stuff that may cost more but people aren't exploited making it, that was my point .

In addition you have to look at how long the clothes last, these makes last far longer than anything mainstream, so I can feel a lot better about lack of "wastage" as well.

Still, each to their own
                    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 9 February 2017, 18:53.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You should upstyle your clobber pal.

501s??

Comment

Working...
                      X