• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Of the day

How is this even legal? It's slave labour surely. You'd probably end up with a fiver after expenses, tax and NI

__________________________________________________ ______________

Business Intelligence Developer required in the North West of England
    Band 7 : £180.00 Per day

This is an excellent opportunity to work within an NHS organisation based in the North West of England

Please reply with an up to date CV

Length of contract: A 6 week contract, with scope to extend.
    Whilst I appreciated this may not be suited to everyone, if you know anybody or you are looking to secure your next assignment by applying your skills and experience in a new setting. Please send your updated CV to [email protected] and call [Blanked out to avoid embarrassment]. If you are currently unavailable but interested in working in the North West in the future then please also contact us on the above details.

Manchester - London - Birmingham - Bristol - Slough - Leeds - Milton Keynes

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

How is this even legal? It's slave labour surely. You'd probably end up with a fiver after expenses, tax and NI

Business Intelligence Developer required in the North West of England
    Band 7 : £180.00 Per day

This is an excellent opportunity to work within an NHS organisation based in the North West of England

Please reply with an up to date CV

Length of contract: A 6 week contract, with scope to extend.
    Whilst I appreciated this may not be suited to everyone, if you know anybody or you are looking to secure your next assignment by applying your skills and experience in a new setting. Please send your updated CV to [email protected] and call [Blanked out to avoid embarrassment]. If you are currently unavailable but interested in working in the North West in the future then please also contact us on the above details.

Manchester - London - Birmingham - Bristol - Slough - Leeds - Milton Keynes

Factor in no sick leave, holiday and pension etc and you'd be better off flipping burgers at Maccy D's...

Comment

Doesnt seem too bad to me. Charge £350 to client, pay £180, not the best margin but I'd take it.

Comment

Might be suitable for a newly graduated local, living at home (so small overheads), to make a start on their CV.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
          Doesnt seem too bad to me. Charge £350 to client, pay £180, not the best margin but I'd take it.
          Any good at flipping burgers?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Head stuck too far up your expert ass much?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Actually for those that are not cerebrally challenged the career path in a Maccy Dees is pretty good.

Comment

NHS AFC Band 7 mid-point = £36,250 p.a.

http://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/abou...ange-pay-rates

Contractor Calculator reckons £180 pd inside IR35 works out at:

To get the same income via permanent employment would require a salary of £31,393.
                which equates to bottom of band: £31,383

That would take into account Employers NI and holidays but not sickness, pension and the downtime between gigs. That's very very poor.

Was talking to a contractor I know at a London NHS Trust on the weekend. The lower level contractors in PMO roles have gone permie and people like him (infrastructure) will go back to private sector.

Comment

NHS AFC Band 7 mid-point = £36,250 p.a.

http://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/abou...ange-pay-rates

Contractor Calculator reckons £180 pd inside IR35 works out at:

To get the same income via permanent employment would require a salary of £31,393.
                  which equates to bottom of band: £31,383

That would take into account Employers NI and holidays but not sickness, pension and the downtime between gigs. That's very very poor.

Was talking to a contractor I know at a London NHS Trust on the weekend. The lower level contractors in PMO roles have gone permie and people like him (infrastructure) will go back to private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Head stuck too far up your expert ass much?
                    Man you take stuff personally.... I'm an expert Dev like most decent contractors.... No need to get jealous. Plus too many clientcos after me for me to not get a bit confident of my own ability like.....

Comment

Working...
                    X