• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany warns the City over Brexit risk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the City will still be in London post Brexit, albeit smaller. The change will however be significant enough to affect the tax take, leading to more of a squeeze on public services. I don't believe Brexit will be a catastrophe to start with, just death by a thousand cuts.
    I expect an even tuliptier NHS, dirtier streets, a general degradation and higher unemployment rate but not enough to destroy the country, more a return to the 70s ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      more a return to the 70s ...
      Yay! I was 12 with my whole life ahead of me. A second time-around would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Yay! I was 12 with my whole life ahead of me. A second time-around would be great!
        That would be a good new thread on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Plenty of jobs for young people in the south and dirt cheap houses. Don't forget stylish mini skirts! The music was great as well.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/830002172473532417

UBS + Morgan Stanley tell Paris: no chance of capturing serious business from City of London without radical reform of French labour code
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Yup house prices will be cheap.....

except for British people

If you voted for Brexit hoping for a house price crash, you made a huge mistake | The Independent

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                I think that overseas owners is already becoming a thing the government realise they need to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I think that overseas owners is already becoming a thing the government realise they need to solve.
                  That will of course be impossible to solve for at least the next two years.

In fact if the UK is going to be a beacon of free trade any controls are simply not going to happen.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 10 February 2017, 16:22.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

In fact if the UK is going to be a beacon of free trade any controls are simply not going to happen.
                    Brexit is going to mean hardship.
                    How much is impossible to quantify - but older, poorly educated people in traditional industries are going to suffer.
                    Since they voted for Brexit, it will be a good lesson for them.
                    The younger, well educated, with rigorous degrees will take their pick of jobs here or abroad.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't suggest that we stop it just that we account for the effect.

Comment

Working...
                      X