Was the 2017 Baftas the worst snowflake show ever!? Was the 2017 Baftas the worst snowflake show ever!?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 32

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Default Was the 2017 Baftas the worst snowflake show ever!?

Discuss
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Discuss
    I was hiding in my safe space. What did I miss?

Lots of virtue signalling s I suspect.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post

Wow, was that a guess?

(Spoiler alert - Yes.)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Contractor Among Contractors

tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced

I hate the Bafta's, The Grammys, The Oscars and all other award ceremonies with such a passion that it actually scares me.

They are basically: The Entertainment Industry sucks its own d**k.

Why are they on? Why are they even "a thing" as the Snowflakes would say? Who on Earth would actually want to watch one of these things?

Self-obsessed people indulging in the ultimate humblebrag. The sort of people who want to be the centre of everything and give themselves new faces at Christmas.

They might as well televise the Annual Mobile Phone Sales Person of the Year awards. It would be just as enlightening.

"I want to dedicate this award for the most Samsung Note 7 sold in the South East ( Excluding London ) to my mum ..... blub, sob ...... dad .... wail ........ and of course my beautiful .... blub, sob, snot-down-face .... children ...... for believing in me and helping me make it real".

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

While there are some intelligent thespians out there, I do very much begrudge them getting air time to vent their political views. The ability to remember lines and emote them somehow makes their opinion more valid does it? Oh no, wait, it's because it's in line with the producer's views and will be seen as credible because celeb x said it.

Well, if they understood that letting immigrants in has about as much effect on the third world as me peeing in the sea in Cornwall has on the temperature of the Atlantic, they might realise that they're barking up the wrong tree. There's no point letting immigrants in if the countries that they're from are "restocking" them at a rate far in excess of that.

Meh, go and disappear up one another's backsides at someone else's expense.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post

Yup, you're right, Ken Loach was there!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    I hate the Bafta's, The Grammys, The Oscars and all other award ceremonies with such a passion that it actually scares me.

They are basically: The Entertainment Industry sucks its own d**k.

Why are they on? Why are they even "a thing" as the Snowflakes would say? Who on Earth would actually want to watch one of these things?

Self-obsessed people indulging in the ultimate humblebrag. The sort of people who want to be the centre of everything and give themselves new faces at Christmas.

They might as well televise the Annual Mobile Phone Sales Person of the Year awards. It would be just as enlightening.

"I want to dedicate this award for the most Samsung Note 7 sold in the South East ( Excluding London ) to my mum ..... blub, sob ...... dad .... wail ........ and of course my beautiful .... blub, sob, snot-down-face .... children ...... for believing in me and helping me make it real".
    If there was award category "Most heartfelt, eloquent CUK post", you'd be in line for a Bafta award!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Good to see the CUK snowflake cretinocracy pointing out how virtuous they are for not watching a telly show that they still manage to be upset by.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Good to see the CUK snowflake cretinocracy pointing out how virtuous they are for not watching a telly show that they still manage to be upset by.
    Shut up and get back to your street corner.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Shut up and get back to your gentleman's toilet.
    FTFY
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.