• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensioners never had it so good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    From the article:

.. More than three and a half months since the vote, some of this damage is difficult to quantify ...
    That weasel phrase "difficult to quantify" sounds like simply a fancy way of saying "not in evidence".
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      It's nice to see that two of the ex-Mrs Brillos have coupled up after the torrid time they've had.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        From the article:

That weasel phrase "difficult to quantify" sounds like simply a fancy way of saying "not in evidence".
        indeed everything will be fine

Ignore the doom sayers

Don't invest in post-Brexit Britain, warns Europe’s largest management consultancy | The Independent

after all I very much suspect a U-Turn is on its way.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          indeed everything will be fine

Ignore the doom sayers

Don't invest in post-Brexit Britain, warns Europeâ€[emoji769]s largest management consultancy | The Independent

after all I very much suspect a U-Turn is on its way.

There is money to be made in any market.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I suspect they are worried about their NHS contract.

Comment

hmm another interesting poll

Brexit: If EU referendum were held again Remain would win, poll shows | The Independent

Sure hasn't changed much since the referendum, but I'm not seeing everyone get behind the Brexit bandwagon, and the economic figures are "good".

It will be interesting to see what may happen if Brexit does end up in a mess.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Who do they vote for?
                Anyone.

As long as they are a demographic who is known to vote then politicians will make policies for them.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

FTFY

Comment

Consumers running out of steam

As the proverbial sh*te begins to hit the fan.....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Who do they vote for?
                      Has it ever occurred to you that there is nothing stopping the younger generation from forming new political parties that just might cater for their priorities?

Of course not, too many of them simply expect it all to be "fixed" for them in order that they can seamlessly continue tweeting, Instagramming, and photographing their lunch.

Feckless namby-pamby snowflakes!!

God help us if there is ever another war.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X