• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yes, Yes Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Yes Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Blair could be hauled before courts over the Iraq War | Daily Mail Online

Tony Blair could be hauled before the courts over the Iraq War 'after Chilcot Report show he misled Parliament to justify the disastrous 2003 invasion'
    Chilcot report into 2003 Iraq War criticised Tony Blair for taking Britain into war
    It was based on 'flawed' intelligence and war was 'not the last resort' at the time
    Bereaved families of 179 war dead have called him 'the world's worst terrorist'
    They want to pursue him through the courts and raised £150,000 in two weeks
    Dig deep everyone!

https://www.crowdjustice.org/case/chilcot2/
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The charges in the Indictment that the defendants planned and waged aggressive wars are charges of the utmost gravity. War is essentially an evil thing. Its consequences are not confined to the belligerent states alone, but affect the whole world.

To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.
    Judgment of the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg

Comment

Can he be tried by Stephen Fry in the style of General Melchett? Pretty please?

FLANDERS PIGEON MURDERER!!!!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So lawyers are asking people to raise money to pay for lawyers to go to court and argue against more paid lawyers?

Even though QC's (highly paid law type people) have already said it's impossible, he can't be sued as a "head of state" and can only be impeached by parliament and no one in their right mind is going to do that as opening a 180 odd year old precedent could back fire on them if they ever **** up
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          So lawyers are asking people to raise money to pay for lawyers to go to court and argue against more paid lawyers?

Even though QC's (highly paid law type people) have already said it's impossible, he can't be sued as a "head of state" and can only be impeached by parliament and no one in their right mind is going to do that as opening a 180 odd year old precedent could back fire on them if they ever **** up
          He is not and has never been a head of state.

What is needed, however, is for the War Crimes Act (which is already retrospective) to be expanded to include the crime of Aggression.

Comment

No chance of execution I suppose? A public beheading at Tyburn would be a great tourist attraction.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              No chance of execution I suppose? A public beheading at Tyburn would be a great tourist attraction.
              It's a good enough argument for having a royal family so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Tourist attraction????

You could make it a PPV event and clear the national debt.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fantastic news for the lawyers, they've almost managed to come up with a plausible reason to spend other peoples money on themselves a court case.

Chilcot report did state that the intelligence services did think Iraq had chemical weapons so Tony Blair is more or less in the clear. He did exaggerate, but don't think that's enough, the point was Military Intelligence got it wrong.

Well good luck to them ! but they might have a better chance suing MI6.

Still will be great for the lawyers....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Tourist attraction????

You could make it a PPV event and clear the national debt.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X