• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrible luck! SHLTNLUK(Should Have Listened To NLUK)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tell them you are regular on CUK and claim exemption on mental grounds

Other
    anyone suffering from mental disorder
    anyone unable to understand the English Language
    The bar for mental disorder is fairly low a friend has mild OCD and was exempted, I suppose they don't want anyone who might appear impaired serving.

Or find God

Clergy or religious bodies
    anyone in Holy Orders or a regular minister of any religious denomination
    vowed members of any religious order living in a monastery, convent or other religious community
    practising members of a religious society or order the tenets or beliefs of which are incompatible with jury service
    https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...s-jury-service

Though a few people on here might get away with the understanding English language.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Just tell them you are regular on CUK and claim exemption on mental grounds

The bar for mental disorder is fairly low a friend has mild OCD and was exempted, I suppose they don't want anyone who might appear impaired serving.

Or find God

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...s-jury-service

Though a few people on here might get away with the understanding English language.
      They might exempt you if you send in a query checking that you're allowed to serve as someone who believes in the extermination of lesser races.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        They might exempt you if you send in a query checking that you're allowed to serve as someone who believes in the extermination of lesser races.
        sad sloppy socky. You used to be funny.

Comment

Defer it so when you are called up next time you are covered
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
            It rhymes with GRAPE
            Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
            Bugger
            I think that teapot has the right answer but it doesn't rhyme with grape?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Defer it so when you are called up next time you are covered
              "Jury service can be deferred, but it is the date of the initial summons which determines whether cover will be provided."

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
                My IPSE membership ended last November and I was dithering about renewing it since I thought there was no point and mentioned it in a thread where NLUK chastised me for not understanding the benefits. Woe unto me for not heeding his words of foretelling!

I just started a new gig in January, so last Wednesday (8 Feb) I thought fok it, I'll be a responsible grown up now and get the Plus membership with the insurances included. Then on Saturday (11 Feb) I get a jury summons in the post...

So I called IPSE this morning to see if I'll be covered and they said no, since the summons was issued on 8 Feb (the same day I signed up). They said if I'd signed up 1 day earlier or the summons had been printed one day later I would have been covered.
                Get it deferred, they are usually OK with a good reason (make something up if you have to). It worked for my wife, mind you her jury summons did coincide with our honeymoon.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  sad sloppy socky. You used to be funny.
                  Does Mrs vetran piss on your cornflakes every Valentine's Day?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Does Mrs vetran piss on your cornflakes every Valentine's Day?
                    no she slathers me with love. frequently.

Cornflake pissing is more The Donald's preference allegedly, I assumed it was you & MF that supplied that service.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Get it deferred, they are usually OK with a good reason (make something up if you have to). It worked for my wife, mind you her jury summons did coincide with our honeymoon.
                      And she's regretted deferring the Jury service ever since.....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X