• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anything, PC's a rarity who potentially should know better but is at least trying to put himself outside IR35 proactively, as opposed to the thousands of bum-on-seaters who blindly throw out an email to their agent to get an outside IR35 contract no matter how deep inside it their working practices take them.

That aside, the BBC article is both annoying and heartening at the same time. While it liberally swaps between tax evasion and tax avoidance (not paying at all versus paying as little as legally possible), there appears to be a clear message that the lowest paid should be employees rather than gig workers. Hopefully there's an intent to use the correct sledgehammer to crack the nut this time.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      How do I abuse the tax system?
      Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      You pretend to be outside of IR35 when you are inside. See various previous threads.

Or Google appears to be our friend: Google
      In your opinion - BUT SO F@CKING WHAT????

Its none of your business !
      Why do you ask me you abuse the tax system if you're not interested in the answer?

It is other people's business in three ways:

1. To tax payers and public service users, it it important that everyone contributes according to the rules, so if you are underpaying, you are cheating everyone else.

2. To honest BAU temporary workers (either via brollies or inside IR35 Ltd), you are undercutting them and getting an unfair competitive advantage.

3. To genuine independent contractors, you are part of the problem that is leading HMRC to 'spoil it for everyone'.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        If anything, PC's a rarity who potentially should know better but is at least trying to put himself outside IR35 proactively, as opposed to the thousands of bum-on-seaters who blindly throw out an email to their agent to get an outside IR35 contract no matter how deep inside it their working practices take them.
        Is it better to be ignorantly / 'head in the sand' claiming to be outside IR35, or just saying 'it is what it is', knowing full well you are inside the system.

Comment

Is it better to be ignorantly / 'head in the sand' claiming to be outside IR35, or just saying 'it is what it is', knowing full well you are inside the system.
          He either doesn't know full well or won't acknowledge it because he doesn't want your other half sitting on his face and teabagging him with "I told you sos".
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            He either doesn't know full well or won't acknowledge it because he doesn't want your other half sitting on his face and teabagging him with "I told you sos".
            Of course he knows. He's just got this irritating entitlement mentality around the tax and welfare systems.

Comment

as HMRC have repeatedly tried to prove people inside and failed this moral crusade you are on is foolish.

IR35 reform: What the future holds | AccountingWEB

The wording of the questions and the logic that determines the result will be based entirely on HMRC’s own interpretation of IR35 case law. We know from experience that this is not always right (our own record in IR35 investigations is 1,500 vs 3)

Seb Maley
              CEO
              Qdos Contractor
              Obviously your opinion is valuable to you, I doubt its of much use to anyone else unless you print it and they run out of toilet paper.

As always HMRC need to create an objective test and penalise the whole chain if they prove wrongdoing. Until the client & agency take financial responsibility then it will still be a mess. Until a 5 year old can understand the test it will be a failure.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                as HMRC have repeatedly tried to prove people inside and failed this moral crusade you are on is foolish.
                In your opinion - BUT SO F@CKING WHAT????

Its none of your business !

Comment

Of course he knows. He's just got this irritating entitlement mentality around the tax and welfare systems.
                  I suggested it was a or b. We both know it's b.

Comment

How do I abuse the tax system?

NLUK - I really dont know why you carry on like this? Its plainly obvious we don't see eye to eye. You don't like me, and vice versa. As I've said before, I'm never going to change what I do, how I behave, or my opinions just because you dont like it. Tough luck there.

So I really fail to see why you and your sidekicks have to continue with this bullying. Is your life really that empty that you've got to big yourself up by abusing people on an internet forum? Go and kick the cat or something instead for a change....
                    Erm... NLadyUK is not me.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Erm... NLadyUK is not me.
                      Not on a weekday.

Comment

Working...
                      X