• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    I was merely questioning your adamant statement that PC was doomed, absolutely, unconditionally and without question because "D&C is proven at any level".........

But Hey you seem to want to continue your somewhat tired and tedious trolling of PC at every opportunity no matter........... :-)
    Ah.. right.. OK.. Yeah.. Thanks for that. Of all the posts I troll PC with this one wasn't really the best one to pick. I put it in clear terms from what I've heard and read to help him wake up and smell the coffee and then he can make a more informed decision rather than being OK cause he's borderline. He makes an overly woolly assessment of his status, I make an overly strong one and maybe we'll meet in the middle.

But hey, if it got you on the forum so we can say hello again then it wasn't for naught.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      One thing I've wondered, where does a furlough sit with MoO? Clearly it's a big IR35 tick (financial risk, etc.), but wondered if it was enough to prove MoO doesn't exist?
      Furlough is not MoO or Financial risk IMO. And same to Veteran. MoO is about offering and accepting work outside of the current agreed schedule, either during or after the assignment. What you do inside that agreement is D&C/part and parcel and other things.

Genuine limited company contractors outside IR35 should neither expect nor receive such mutuality of obligation. A contractor’s limited company should be engaged on contract for services basis, to perform a specific task for a specific project, and once the project is over the contractor moves on, or may be offered a new project by the client.
      Even that is wrong, it should say new contract by the client at the end but it's close enough.

For example, a contractor may be working on a project specified in the contract and the client then asks the contractor to do something outside of the scope of the original contract. If the contractor completes the task, this is evidence of mutuality of obligation.
      So to add to PC's D&C woe's he's got evidence of MoO and his RoS is a bit of a sham.

So Furlough is good for IR35 as it's only generally something that happens to contractors but it's only the same as us telling the client we are unavailable to work when we go on hols etc. It's not one of the main pillars though, just some good working practices for us.
      I don't think it demonstrates risk though. We are on T&M basis. Not working is part of that. Furloughs are often in the contract as well so it's not a risk, it's part of the contract. Financial risk for us is having to fix stuff in our own time etc.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Or the client will be uncooperative and say to every question - "It's all in the contract" Worried that if they say anything HMRC will investigate them for something.
        or HMRC will suggest that helping them will decrease the likelihood they are investigated for something else.

HMRC seem to make traffic wardens look honest.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          None of your previous posts suggest that.

The argument "I'm not abusing the system by avoiding tax because HMRC are 'doing OK from me'" is such an argument though, maybe PurpleGorilla ate some alphabites.
          Well, my opening post discrediting your idiotic premise did just that. Using a professional tax advisor, whose services I have paid for, to determine the most efficient legal method of remuneration seems an intelligent and logical thing to do. Clearly you don't think it's appropriate. If you've got money to burn, then good for you, but I've got a family to think of.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            or HMRC will suggest that helping them will decrease the likelihood they are investigated for something else.

HMRC seem to make traffic wardens look honest.
            Do traffic warders still exist? I thought they were all parking attendants who work for private companies and get bonuses the more tickets they write.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Well, my opening post discrediting your idiotic premise did just that. Using a professional tax advisor, whose services I have paid for, to determine the most efficient legal method of remuneration seems an intelligent and logical thing to do. Clearly you don't think it's appropriate. If you've got money to burn, then good for you, but I've got a family to think of.
              If you can't be bothered to actually read the thread in context, or lack the ability to see how different posts relate to each other, there's little point making further attempts to clarify it for you. You could try to read the posts in sequence but I doubt you'd make the effort.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Do traffic warders still exist? I thought they were all parking attendants who work for private companies and get bonuses the more tickets they write.
                tru dat!

Vetran goes gangsta
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you can't be bothered to actually read the thread in context, or lack the ability to see how different posts relate to each other, there's little point making further attempts to clarify it for you. You could try to read the posts in sequence but I doubt you'd make the effort.
                  God I love the Internet.

Comment

Wonder what ever happened to the (expensive) campaign by HMRC to simplify the tax regime?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      Wonder what ever happened to the (expensive) campaign by HMRC to simplify the tax regime?
                      Got too complicated so they canned it.

Comment

Working...
                      X