• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Someone nicked my identity ... kind of ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Yep, spoke to them this morning. They said they were launching an investigation and I should contact the police. I phoned the police and they didn't care as the insurance company was investigating it.
    Predictable.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yep, spoke to them this morning. They said they were launching an investigation and I should contact the police. I phoned the police and they didn't care as the insurance company was investigating it.
      The "crime" is against the insurance company and it's up to them to report it to the police.

There was a law change about 6-7 years ago making it the institution's responsibility to report crimes to the police.

Most don't bother unless they have clear evidence of fraud as they know if they can find the person they can make it difficult to get any sort of insurance.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The "crime" is against the insurance company and it's up to them to report it to the police.

There was a law change about 6-7 years ago making it the institution's responsibility to report crimes to the police.

Most don't bother unless they have clear evidence of fraud as they know if they can find the person they can make it difficult to get any sort of insurance.
        yep like credit card cloning or bank fraud makes the crime figures smaller.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Someone has taken out a van insurance policy using my name and address.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            not bad but Greenlake would have found a picture with JC standing next to it.

JC VD seems to have a real sense of humour and loves to take the mick out of himself.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              yep like credit card cloning or bank fraud makes the crime figures smaller.
              They should fraudulently change the crime figures and then add one to the number.

Comment

Try logging it here if you haven't already - rather than local police.

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
                  Try logging it here if you haven't already - rather than local police.
                  That does SFA as well.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    My cousin used to run a handy man service called Tim'll fix it.

Strangely the name was changed in a hurry back in 2012.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

As an aside, does this apply to mortgage fraud? If so, you wouldn't know where I could find out more about this please?

Comment

Working...
                      X