• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now be nice to Diane...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes because joining the party and getting a nomination to run as Labour MP are exactly the same thing. Even in the UK, getting elected as a black woman (even an horrible one) is still quite an achievement and denying the difficulty of that journey is asinine.
    Currently more than 6% MPs in the House of Commons and Members of the House of Lords are from an ethnic minority background1. The latest available estimate from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) Annual Population Survey 2015 indicates that 13% of the UK population are from ethnic minority background.

http://researchbriefings.files.parli...56/SN01156.pdf

Not bad considering there is a very low turnover of MPs many have been in parliament for decades.

of course if you look back to 2001 the percentage of ethnic minorities was 8%

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/...nic-minorities

So it looks like the figures are bad but in reality the population has changed dramatically.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ic-mps-commons
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      http://researchbriefings.files.parli...56/SN01156.pdf

Not bad considering there is a very low turnover of MPs many have been in parliament for decades.

of course if you look back to 2001 the percentage of ethnic minorities was 8%

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/...nic-minorities

So it looks like the figures are bad but in reality the population has changed dramatically.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ic-mps-commons
      Not sure what your point is, looks like ethnic minorities are under-represented in Parliament.
      But I know you struggle with simple maths.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Not sure what your point is, looks like ethnic minorities are under-represented in Parliament.
        Provided all things are equal. I go to classic car shows now and again. I would say ethnic minorities are 'under-represented' there. Can I concluded that classic car shows are deliberately not inclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          At least there were plenty of cake stops on her journey. I say that with her being a right fat cow and all.
          What does that have to do with anything? Petty attacks on personal appearance... low even by the erudite standards of CUK. If you'd care to post a photo of yourself for comparison?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

a very small group (650 people) that doesn't change much (lots of old white men are sitting tenants who have spend decades getting elected) depends on the overwhelming majority of the populace (87.7% are white and many minorities are clustered in certain constituencies) to support a new member against strong planned opposition and you expect it to reflect the ethnic minority percentage which has doubled in the last 15 years (4 elections).

I may have problems with simple maths but you seem to have a problem understanding reality.

I see it as good progress in a very short period I would expect you to think the same unless you are sexist & racist and think that people should be judged on that not whether they are any good.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              meow

To be fair I don't think the newer Labour Party female members shag male members who were also or very likely to be councillors, MPs or MEPs like Ms Cooper. or Ms Hodge.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Regardless of what you think about which party.

The fact that a grown man thinks it is acceptable, in a modern civilised society, to start randomly making dog noises when a colleague is speaking, for whatever reason, is unacceptable.

If someone started barking in a work meeting you would get them sectioned.

Comment

So are UKIP. If they had the 83 seats their vote deserved(instead of 1) we might stand a chance of exiting the EU.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    What does that have to do with anything? Petty attacks on personal appearance... low even by the erudite standards of CUK. If you'd care to post a photo of yourself for comparison?
                    I was actually going to personally abuse you for using the phrase 'difficulty of that journey', which is something only an empty headed kunt would actually say. Then I noticed who the poster was and changed tack.

Comparison with DA? That would be the crappest 'spot the difference' contest in history.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      So are UKIP. If they had the 83 seats their vote deserved(instead of 1) we might stand a chance of exiting the EU.....
                      That's an invalid comparison and not the point of this thread.

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh* can change her political allegiance like Douglas Carswell but can't change her biological sex and her ethnic origins. So she shouldn't be abused by another member of Parliament for her biological sex and/or her ethnic origins. Neither should she be abused by members of the public for the same reasons.

*I have to use her rather than Ms Abbot to make my point otherwise you won't take it seriously.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X