Now be nice to Diane... Now be nice to Diane... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 34 of 34

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Initially, I thought it was to indicate she's barking mad, not because she's female.

There you go!
    I thought she was Becontree. 2 stops beyond Barking.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Initially, I thought it was to indicate she's barking mad, not because she's female.
    If he'd said that it would at least have been slightly believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    His point, dummy, is that between 2001 and 2015 the percentage of ethnic minorities in the UK has increased from 8% to 13% i.e. almost doubled.

So although they are technically unrepresented in Parliament at present, that appears to be mainly because their percentage in the country is increasing too fast for the political system to keep up! Or it may be because a large part of the increase are currently still juveniles.

(This is based on vetran's summary comments in his post - I haven't had time yet to read the articles he cited.)
    spot on. Of course MPs that hang about a bit in the commons like Jezzy (MP since 1983) , Tom Watson (MP since 2001)Harriet Harman (MP since 1982) and Dame Margaret Beckett (MP since 1974) should move on to give the ethnic youngsters a chance. Also as mentioned unless the candidate is exceptional the selection committee will go for the safe route we all know how well Keith (call me Jim the plumber) Vaz (call me if you need any passports for cash) worked out and he was considered exceptional as was 'only a black mum would understand' Abbotpotomus.

Combine that with last month assguru was saying a poll of a selected subset of Sky's 12 million customers adjusted by class was obviously unrepresentative of the general population yet he expects the commons to exactly match the fast changing ethnic makeup of the UK.

What next each MP is DNA tested so we can get it exactly right - sorry Mrs May there is too much Nordic in your ancestry so you aren't suitable for service? Can we cut Gerry Adams in half to make the figures match??

Plenty of great ethnic minority candidates out there I'm liking Siddiq Khan better than most. Would Vote for Trevor McDonald.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post

Plenty of great ethnic minority candidates out there I'm liking Siddiq Khan better than most. Would Vote for Trevor McDonald.
    Neither of whom are stupid enough to serve under the current party leaders.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR