• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Commission isn't happy with us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    'From' is a rather vague word in this case, isn't it? The Commission can propose the fines but it is the ECJ that imposes the fines. There are some further logical clues within the article, for example:

To quote assguru:
    well apparently no one imposed fines despite France committing an illegal act for years so yes you are right it doesn't help.

If you are quoting Assguru to support your argument then you must know you have already lost
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      well apparently no one imposed fines despite France committing an illegal act for years so yes you are right it doesn't help.
      I can't tell whether you're deliberately changing the subject because you're wrong, or whether you're just babbling.

Either way, it's the CSE stream for you, laddy!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        I can't tell whether you're deliberately changing the subject because you're wrong, or whether you're just babbling.

Either way, it's the CSE stream for you, laddy!
        as I said tell the BBC its their story.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It isn't the main factor, see map below, but pollution is going to be related to population, so adding 5%+ to our population due to EU migration is hardly helping. Among other measures, we need a more sensible economic model that does not depend on making our nation more and more overcrowded.

Actually we don't look that bad on the map here, some parts of Eastern & Southern Europe look worse and you don't want to live in China!

Air Pollution in United Kingdom: Real-time Air Quality Index Visual Map

PS

like 4 other countries, will be taken to the European court of Justice. linky
          Is that a stinky linky?
          Last edited by xoggoth; 15 February 2017, 17:01.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Don't be silly.
            They started it by complaining about our pollution when it's exacerbated by them.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Interesting linky on SE's linky just in case any missed it. All developing nations - presumably old cars, lower technology generally.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...harm-than-good
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Interesting linky on SE's linky just in case any missed it. All developing nations - presumably old cars, lower technology generally.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...harm-than-good
                European etc fuel distillers sell developing countries poor quality fuel they can't sell in developed countries as they are banned due to environmental regulations. Hence a lot of the pollution from cars, HGVs, buses, generators etc is due to them using poor quality fuel.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X