• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Pranksters - I'm fining a "Parking Company" at least £1250

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I've got a sneaky feeling that you possess a few bookshelves of the full set
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I can imagine a couple of mates dressing up as crash test dummies and doing a lap of the M60 for a laugh
      years ago we drove up Guildford high street with a medical skeleton in the passenger street complete with string tied to the wrist so it could wave, so many people jumped.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Total expected windfall for the 2 cases: £1250.

This has nothing to do with money
        Can I have it then? I promise to spend it on high-end single malts rather than waste it.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Last June I got a lovely parking invoice in the post. Normally I deal with these in the usual way - appeal process or ignore depending on the company. This one was different. My car was actually parked somewhere totally legitimate.

Woah! Not so fast! Can't you see those double yellow lines veer off to the left under the pavement, and then re-emerge a few feet further on?

The parking company can't be blamed if some idiot from the council came along and plonked a pavement over perfectly kosher (albeit slightly wobbly) yellow lines!

You're bang to rights, so pay up and stop moaning!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I can sub one of these into my car while it is parked up:

Nice to see you have found scooterscot some gainful employment.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Good man - love this sort of tulip.

Comment

Last June I got a lovely parking invoice in the post. Normally I deal with these in the usual way - appeal process or ignore depending on the company. This one was different. My car was actually parked somewhere totally legitimate. It was parked in exactly the same place as where this victim won his case against the fraudsters:

To make things more interesting I opened up a straight forwards case against them for breach of the DPA claiming an additional £750.

Total expected windfall for the 2 cases: £1250.

On top of that I'm looking at an additional case to take them down properly.

This has nothing to do with money and everything to do with taking down these buggers! All the formal documents and case details are available on the consumer action group forum.
                You could be on a loser with this one. Regardless of who won any previous case, the law on signage for restricted parking was changed some years ago.

Firstly, if you look on Google Street View you can see that nearby there are sufficient signs marked “Controlled Zone 8am to 8pm” That alone is enough to tell you that there no de-restricted parking places.

Secondly, you have parked opposite centre hazard lines approaching a road junction. That in itself is sufficient to issue a ticket for obstruction.

If I was a traffic warden, I would have had your car towed away.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  You could be on a loser with this one. Regardless of who won any previous case, the law on signage for restricted parking was changed some years ago.

Firstly, if you look on Google Street View you can see that nearby there are sufficient signs marked “Controlled Zone 8am to 8pm” That alone is enough to tell you that there no de-restricted parking places.

Secondly, you have parked opposite centre hazard lines approaching a road junction. That in itself is sufficient to issue a ticket for obstruction.

You obviously haven't done your research on this one and are talking out of your

Otherwise you would have realised that they have lost almost all of their cases so far. They only won when the defendant didn't bring about the correct points.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Can I have it then? I promise to spend it on high-end single malts rather than waste it.
                    You can have it.... Just go and park your car there.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Yep and a traffic warden would have the right to do so.

Sadly it wasn't a traffic warden who did so but a private company trying to make money out of it.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X