• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Pranksters - I'm fining a "Parking Company" at least £1250

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly, if you look on Google Street View you can see that nearby there are sufficient signs marked “Controlled Zone 8am to 8pm” That alone is enough to tell you that there no de-restricted parking places.

Secondly, you have parked opposite centre hazard lines approaching a road junction. That in itself is sufficient to issue a ticket for obstruction.

If I was a traffic warden, I would have had your car towed away.
    Which would be great if it were a public highway, and even if it was they (the council) are breaking the law with that non-compliant signage and any attempt to fine motorists would be unjust enrichment.
    Traffic wardens are extinct in most towns and cites (they make £M's from deregulation).

KUATB
    Last edited by NigelJK; 16 February 2017, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Which would be great if it were a public highway, and even if it was they (the council) are breaking the law with that non-compliant signage and any attempt to fine motorists would be unjust enrichment.
      Traffic wardens are extinct in most towns and cites (they make £M's from deregulation).

KUATB
      I am being penalised on the basis that it is a private road actually - Apparently I am trespassing! Which shows exactly how much research Paddy has done into the ES Parking/Gladstone parking scam.

Comment

Indeed. My dad always taught me that ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. He's was right.

The Trespass is always a LOL as what exactly are the damages they are suing for.

BTW you always get the 'you deserve it' posts on any posts about PPC behaviour (except on PPP) on any forum (see above re the law). DM comments can be a right scream.

Carry on as you were NWP2C.
        Last edited by NigelJK; 16 February 2017, 09:58.

Comment

Working...
        X