• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Pranksters - I'm fining a "Parking Company" at least £1250

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Pranksters - I'm fining a "Parking Company" at least £1250

Last June I got a lovely parking invoice in the post. Normally I deal with these in the usual way - appeal process or ignore depending on the company. This one was different. My car was actually parked somewhere totally legitimate. It was parked in exactly the same place as where this victim won his case against the fraudsters:

This is the article for the above:

Parking Prankster: Gladstones discontinue another case at Spinningfield Scam site

To make things more interesting I opened up a straight forwards case against them for breach of the DPA claiming an additional £750.

Total expected windfall for the 2 cases: £1250.

On top of that I'm looking at an additional case to take them down properly.

This has nothing to do with money and everything to do with taking down these buggers! All the formal documents and case details are available on the consumer action group forum.

That's no good to us.

Post some stuff here without your real name.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If it means you will have less time to post here, I support you 100%

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        If it means you will have less time to post here, I support you 100%
        Always time to do justice in this world..... Including putting you in your place.

Comment

Also if you do win your cases get in touch with a journalist in a broadsheet and tell them your story.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            That's no good to us.

Post some stuff here without your real name.
            I'm actually thinking of going to park there in exactly the same place with a different car so I can open up an even bigger case against them.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              I'm actually thinking of going to park there in exactly the same place with a different car so I can open up an even bigger case against them.
              That sounds like a brilliant idea!

Park there every day, £1000 win on each court case, this could be your new career. Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                That sounds like a brilliant idea!

Park there every day, £1000 win on each court case, this could be your new career. Go for it!

Nah 2nd time will be a much bigger win. After that they will most likely catch on!

Comment

This is a new tactic for an old enemy check out Pepipoo to keep up to date. The DPA breaches are serious and are being taken as so by the ICO, DVLA are still selling your personal details to some of the grubbiest operators out there. The biggest fish (Parking Eye - now owned by Crapita) are also on the hook for repeatedly (deliberately) breaking planning laws, and that too could take them down.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    This is a new tactic for an old enemy check out Pepipoo to keep up to date. The DPA breaches are serious and are being taken as so by the ICO, DVLA are still selling your personal details to some of the grubbiest operators out there. The biggest fish (Parking Eye - now owned by Crapita) are also on the hook for repeatedly (deliberately) breaking planning laws, and that too could take them down.
                    Believe me - I'm going to go after them with everything I've got. 2 court cases on going and planning an addition 1 or 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X