• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Hub/ In Touch Networks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom1982 View Post
    I have been contacted several times by intouch networks to join a consultant hub. I finally gave in and accepted a membership for a price I genuinely understood to be £5.99 . When a few hours later I realised I had £599 paid I immediately requested cancellation of my membership and a refund. When the salesmen mentionned "5,9,9"over the phone i assumed it was 5,99 not almost 600. It's been weeks now and I keep on getting the same answer. Apparently my request is sitting with finance.
    I am very upset. I am not rich and I never would have accepted the offer had I known the actual price. Besides I was already engaged with several companies at the time I mistakenly accepted membership.
    PLEASE REFUND ME ASAP.
    Charge back via card provider? Distance selling regulations? Trading standards? Get stuck in good and proper.

Comment

Absolute phone pest charlatans. Tried to get behind what they did and they were very cagey about it. Gave a load of BS about unadvertised jobs, etc., started off at £799 and within ten minutes they'd dropped to £399.

Eventually told them that I'd secured a new 12-month contract so their services weren't required. Avoid.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Tom1982 View Post
        I have been contacted several times by intouch networks to join a consultant hub. I finally gave in and accepted a membership for a price I genuinely understood to be £5.99 . When a few hours later I realised I had £599 paid I immediately requested cancellation of my membership and a refund. When the salesmen mentionned "5,9,9"over the phone i assumed it was 5,99 not almost 600. It's been weeks now and I keep on getting the same answer. Apparently my request is sitting with finance.
        I am very upset. I am not rich and I never would have accepted the offer had I known the actual price. Besides I was already engaged with several companies at the time I mistakenly accepted membership.
        PLEASE REFUND ME ASAP.
        You authorised £5.99, not £599. Therefore it's an unauthorised payment just as it would be if they'd charged £5999. In light of the fact you've already asked the company to refund and they haven't if it was me I'd go for a chargeback and/or section 75 claim if you used credit card ( https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...our-purchases/ ). If you can use section 75 it's the better option of the two as this legislation makes the card provider equally liable.

Disclaimer: I'm not legally trained so this isn't professional legal advice.

Comment

Dont use them

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Absolute phone pest charlatans. Tried to get behind what they did and they were very cagey about it. Gave a load of BS about unadvertised jobs, etc., started off at £799 and within ten minutes they'd dropped to £399.

Eventually told them that I'd secured a new 12-month contract so their services weren't required. Avoid.
          DO NOT USE THEM. Sadly I made that mistake, tried to ask for a refund and they gave me the run around with 'the person you need is in a meeting, or off today and will get back to you tomorrow' Tomorrow never came and when I followed up the next week, the same story over and over again until finally they said they wouldnt give a refund as it cost them money to set up my profile - funny how I had to set it up myself.....

DO NOT USE INTOUCH NETWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by londoner123 View Post
            DO NOT USE THEM. Sadly I made that mistake, tried to ask for a refund and they gave me the run around with 'the person you need is in a meeting, or off today and will get back to you tomorrow' Tomorrow never came and when I followed up the next week, the same story over and over again until finally they said they wouldnt give a refund as it cost them money to set up my profile - funny how I had to set it up myself.....

DO NOT USE INTOUCH NETWORKS
            Small claims...

Comment

In Touch Networks SCAM = EQUINOX FINANCIAL SEARCH & SELECTION LTD

Originally posted by In Touch View Post
              Hello all,

Thanks for your interest in The Consultant Hub and In Touch Networks.

We can assure you that our online platforms are genuine. We're not a recruiter or recruitment company - we're an online network with a full suite of benefits and services to support aspiring and established consultants and board-level professionals.

Our Premium Career Membership Package offers lots of features, including:

An online CV to promote your skills directly to employers
              Job alert emails set to your preferences
              Thousands of consultancy jobs and projects, all in one place
              A suite of CPD-accredited, on-demand training modules
              A members-only forum to build valuable connections
              News, guides and thought-leadership pieces
              Discounted tickets for our acclaimed networking events

If you'd like to find out more about our networks, or want to see a live demo of the platform and what it includes, please get in touch at info@ intouchnetworks.com and we'll be happy to help.

Many thanks, the In Touch Networks Team

This is utter rubbish, don't use In Touch Networks, they are a thinly veiled recruiter using boiler room telesales tactics to sell expensive memberships (£399-£800??) of an 'exec network' which is basically a recruitment focused service selling CV writing services, re-packaged training programmes and supposedly unique career opportunities 'only available to members'.

They are absolutely a recruiter, their previous name was EQUINOX FINANCIAL SEARCH & SELECTION LTD 20 Feb 2006 - 21 Feb 2017 - how much clearer can it be?
              The company is owned by <mod snip who is a director/owner of numerous active and dissolved companies including other recruitment focused organisations such as Hiring Hub Limited, many of which are run from The Howroyd Barn, Barkisland, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX4 0AP.
              This is all public information on Companies House

I very much doubt the overcharging/no refund issue mentioned in this thread is isolated, so definitely worth pursuing in small claims with interest and damages if not done so already.

Comment

Working...
              X