• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO NorthernLadUk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Oh yes I have the album & still play it every so often
    But let's not mention Halo James though
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      But let's not mention Halo James though
      indeed, lets not
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Of the two Dredd movies (Stallone and Urban), which did you prefer?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Urban - closer to the feel I imagined.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Urban - closer to the feel I imagined.
            +1 The visuals were much grimier than the Stallone one which was too shiny, Megacity 1 is not (in the main) a happy shiny clean place.

Also Urban is a much better actor & Stallone took off his helmet!!
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Look and feel: Stallone. Dredd himself: Urban. I also didn't like the swearing in the Urban one - not because I'm offended, but it's not the right language. Dredd has got to have some silly mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                +1 The visuals were much grimier than the Stallone one which was too shiny, Megacity 1 is not (in the main) a happy shiny clean place.

Also Urban is a much better actor & Stallone took off his helmet!!
                Stallone wanted to be liked, Urban wanted to win I have always seen Dredd as modern "Man with no name" from the fistful series i.e. principled & deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
                  Look and feel: Stallone. Dredd himself: Urban. I also didn't like the swearing in the Urban one - not because I'm offended, but it's not the right language. Dredd has got to have some silly mixed in.
                  good point, I imagine swearing would be a crime as well. You thinking "Demolition Man" style 1 credit fine ?

Comment

I must admit, I was hoping for a lot of drokks and fraks.

The setting of the Urban one was great (hope there's a sequel that explores more of Megacity One) but I think part of that is that the Stallone one was trying to focus more on Dredd's background and giving us an intro to Megacity One. Would have been nice to have had a more focused sequel to put that into perspective; as a standalone, that gives the edge to Urban's version imho.

Comment

I must admit, I was hoping for a lot of drokks and fraks.

The setting of the Urban one was great (hope there's a sequel that explores more of Megacity One) but I think part of that is that the Stallone one was trying to focus more on Dredd's background and giving us an intro to Megacity One. Would have been nice to have had a more focused sequel to put that into perspective; as a standalone, that gives the edge to Urban's version imho.
                      oh Drokk & Frak it!

Comment

Working...
                      X