• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have your cake and eat it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    And in the article even NATO states that they believe we spent 2.21% on defence.... Another none story
    #BremainerValues
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      I'll take your word for it, I can't be bothered going through that. I seem to remember the same graph in the telegraph. It is shocking though looking at the other's contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        I'll take your word for it, I can't be bothered going through that. I seem to remember the same graph in the telegraph. It is shocking though looking at the other's contributions.
        The thing which really impresses me is Greece.

Country down the pan but still maintaining the obligation. They know which side of the line they want to be.

Which is why, as a NATO ally it is in the UK's strategic interests for Greece to be OK in a GREXIT scenario. Solidarity.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Wanting favoured tariff free access to the Single market without accepting FOM.
          That isn't really having your cake and eating it. They are two completely different issues with the European Union has arbitrarily decided to link together. They don't have to be linked together, as CETA proves.

That is more like having your cake, and drinking beer. You can drink beer, the cake will still be there.

You can put some arbitrary rules on movement, there is no physical reason why that prevents the free movement of stuff. Said people movement rules will almost certainly be meaningless. Non-EU people arrive and work here, so we're not going to stop EU people from doing that.

The automatic right for Albanians to come here and work in our car washes for bugger all money is probably OK.

The automatic extended right for their wives and seven kids to come here with them to live and leach on our already strained public services and benefits for free? Probably not OK.

(I accept that in all reality there will be limitations, and it'll be such a fudge that it'll make it much harder for 'people like us' to move around, but said car washer's extended family will still be OK).
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Wanting favoured tariff free access to the Single market without accepting FOM.

A bit like CETA.
            But we know the EU exports more to the UK than we do to the EU. So the EU will get cake and we get cake.

I can't see us getting cake and eating.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              But we know the EU exports more to the UK than we do to the EU. So the EU will get cake and we get cake.

I can't see us getting cake and eating.
              I don't eat cake. Makes you fat and gives you diabetes.

Comment

The trouble is, is that the cake is relocating

Cake, thinking about relocating

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Always thinking.

One in five. Considering an outpost.

That's what the EU will become: a home to outposts.

Comment

The survey shows that 89 per cent of UK start-ups plan to hire more staff this year and only 1 per cent plan to cut. That’s an even greater proportion than the 79 per cent share of US start-ups that say that they intend to expand, according to the bank.
                      #WrexitIsComing
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X