• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Youtube recommends - How does that work then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    google....
    ^ This. Persistent google log in on both machines.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      The only similar thing would be via AOL where I have logged into to my email on both machines.
      Make sure you have the latest version of AOL installed on your machines....

Comment

I never knew there was a Dos V1.6 ...

Anyway google is omnipresent it really is extraordinary just how much info it(they) collate.
        I was just looking at my location history from 4 years ago.

Google tracks everything you do: here's how to delete it | WIRED UK

Anywho
        Pooh Tube uses Cookies and those Cookies probably include previous watched info and previous login info so even if logged off whist watching this particular Video it has enough info to know who you are or at least who it thinks you are
        Last edited by DallasDad; 18 February 2017, 18:52. Reason: typo
        So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Possible it could be cookies though I clear them often. I do have a static ip though.
          One way or another Google's gonna find ya.
          Google's gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            So at work yesterday on my work laptop I was listening to a music track, which to be fair I listened to about a dozen times as it was a cool tune and I was coding to it.

So this morning at home, I open up my home machine and it's first on my 'Watch it Again' list.

Now this is weird. It's a music track over 4 years old which I've never played on this laptop.

Explain to me what type of tracking their using for that to occur.

( I have used both laptops at work and at home, but not to listen to the same music, Co-incidence or IP Tracking/Using email etc???)
            The authorities put a statutory obligation on ISPs and content providers to track users who access certain defined content.

Comment

Working...
            X