• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another positive effect of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices slump as Brexit holds back buyers  | Daily Mail Online

House prices going down

Presumably some will see this as a buying opportunity....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    House prices slump as Brexit holds back buyers* | Daily Mail Online

House prices going down

Presumably some will see this as a buying opportunity....
    It would be useful.

I still fail to see why the cost of a basic need I. E somewhere to live, rising 5%+ over average inflation, should be seen as a good thing.

It puts pressure on people to borrow more and pressure on the economy in general as money is sacked into mortgage repayments.

Still, I'm sure some will be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      It would be useful.

I still fail to see why the cost of a basic need I. E somewhere to live, rising 5%+ over average inflation, should be seen as a good thing.

It puts pressure on people to borrow more and pressure on the economy in general as money is sacked into mortgage repayments.

Still, I'm sure some will be disappointed.
      There's the problem right there. Inflation doesn't measure rents/mortgages. Which is bonkers. Well actually it's a deliberate act to prop up the ponzi debt bubble and keeping emergency rates at record lows. This is economically unsustainable.

https://youtu.be/jReImMitYIc
      Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 19 February 2017, 11:29.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        There's the problem right there. Inflation doesn't measure rents/mortgages. Which is bonkers. Well actually it's a deliberate act to prop up the ponzi debt bubble and keeping emergency rates at record lows. This is economically unsustainable.
        There are two measures of inflation. The government just prefers to use the one that ignores rent and mortgage repayments.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There are two measures of inflation. The government just prefers to use whichever one gives them the lowest inflation figure.
          FTFY...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not really much of a "slump" when it appears to be confined to properties right at the top end in the more select geographical areas.
            Nationwide reported a rise of 0.2% for January 2017.

I guess you can just choose whichever stats you like and believe them. Every contingency will be out there no doubt.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X