• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote for me. 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My policy for election is to lower taxes on booze, flat screen TVs and football ticket prices. And to make top flight football free to TV.

What could possibly go wrong....

Comment

Vote - None of the Above.
      I'm one of those that's always wanted that on ballot papers, an official protest vote.
      It's almost worth changing your name by deep poll and standing.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        I'm one of those that's always wanted that on ballot papers, an official protest vote.
        It's almost worth changing your name by deep poll and standing.
        You should start the "None of the above party" and then only allow people with a last name beginning with "Z" to stand as candidates.

The only problem is they could end up getting elected...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well that would be the ultimate protest vote if you could find candidates (names beginning with zzpluralpha) who wanted to stand on the 'reform' ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Well that would be the ultimate protest vote if you could find candidates (names beginning with zzpluralpha) who wanted to stand on the 'reform' ticket.
            The Monster Raving Looney Party use fake names to stand so I presume your party candidates could do the same.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Originally posted by europetractor
              .. this new year as a side thing I decided to put myself for an MP election in my country
              You might want to shelve the "Europe" from your moniker to give yourself any sort of a chance.

HTH

unless there is such a word as "petractor" and he wants to petract the euro!

Sounds like potentially a very sound idea, if it is bad for the euro, but hinges on what petracting involves!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My program
                - court order to ban GB9 from speaking publicly
                - jail markymark for being an idiot (good enough reason imo). Also take him inside ir35 retrospectively.
                - ban all burqas for those 5% that are actually pretty. Rest better keep it on.
                - join euro (for fun haha)
                - kick out scots out of union (they don't deserve it)
                - make lying in campaign illegal and jail Nigel retrospectively

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  My program
                  - court order to ban GB9 from speaking publicly
                  - jail markymark for being an idiot (good enough reason imo). Also take him inside ir35 retrospectively.
                  - ban all burqas for those 5% that are actually pretty. Rest better keep it on.
                  - join euro (for fun haha)
                  - kick out scots out of union (they don't deserve it)
                  - make lying in campaign illegal and jail Nigel retrospectively
                  Where can I cast my vote ?

You really do sound like a really solid Northern candidate. (Bigger boys will cover the Southern situation).
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Where can I cast my vote ?

You really do sound like a really solid Northern candidate. (Bigger boys will cover the Southern situation).
                    I'm northern only for the time being. Moving to somewhere sunny soon. Also southerners are full of crap idiots. Actually they are simply YOU and alike. I know, feels bad man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      My policy for election is to lower taxes on booze, flat screen TVs and football ticket prices. And to make top flight football free to TV.

What could possibly go wrong....
                      I would vote for you
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X