• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorwing your own

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorwing your own

Afternoon All,

having acquired the acre next to Chateau Benes, the next step is to start a vegetable garden
    because when I had Chateau Benes built, I didn't consider a vegetable patch and landscaper
    put in a formal garden

I've prepared a 50m2 starter plot to see how it goes

the plan this year unambitious, potatoes, onions and runner beans

if I have the time to keep the weeds out and it works, then I'll make the veggy plot
    bigger each year

anyone else grow their own vegetables ?

Milan.

I tried but the fecking squirrels kept digging things up.

Though the best thing was when I grew chillies. One day when they were nearly ripe I found one picked and dropped with a small bite in it.

Anyway while growing your own fruit and veg is nice you should stick to things that are expensive or rare varieties you can't get in shops.

Oh and you need to get on with a few neighbours so they can come and water your plants, or even tie them in/'stake them when you are away on holiday. You then give them some of your excess produce.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I hope it is secluded for you plan B...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Courgettes & Marrows are always good.

Tomato plants & Sunflowers for the kids.

Fresh spinach tastes great.

Proper runner & French beans as well.

Nasturtiums are surprisingly good in salads.

Herbs handy as well. I'm missing a Bay tree in the new garden at present.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

oh dear

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Afternoon All,

having acquired the acre next to Chateau Benes, the next step is to start a vegetable garden
            because when I had Chateau Benes built, I didn't consider a vegetable patch and landscaper
            put in a formal garden

if I have the time to keep the weeds out and it works, then I'll make the veggy plot
            bigger each year

Milan.
            If you have one acre, it is going to take a lot of effort to keep it up to scratch and stop it being overgrown.

I am hopeless at growing anything other than potatoes. At Chateau Paddy in Southern Europe, the neighbour looks after the majority of the half acre small holding in exchange for him planting corn on part of the plot. There is a separate two acre vineyard which I pay the locals to look after. It runs at a loss but the end result (the wine) is free.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Afternoon All,

put in a formal garden

bigger each year

Milan.
              Did it last year when we moved into qhTowers. More a experiment as we were learning from FIL who has his own allotment, we didn't know what would work as we planted too late for some produce.

I am currently build this like Monty:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03rvr66

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Lots of advice on gorwing generally a few useful links:

Gorwing peppers

Gorwing Soybeans

Gorwing gooseberries
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Does this thread refer to Hermann Gorwing, the WW2 Head of the Luftwaffe and Herr Hilter's personal Liebstandart Gartner?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Does this thread refer to Hermann Gorwing, the WW2 Head of the Luftwaffe and Herr Hilter's personal Liebstandart Gartner?
                    No. It refers to testicles.

Comment

Working...
                    X