• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay VAT and Corp tax bills with AMEX

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reminded of this thread when I was in a post office in the delightful Driffield today. I noticed an Amex symbol on the counter window and made a counter payment on my BA Amex. I asked if there was a limit, apparently not.

Comment

Amex / Avios cards are interchangeable. Apart from most wont take Amex.

Type of card

Type of card

Rate
      VISA Personal Credit Card
      0.415%
      MasterCard Personal Credit Card
      0.386%
      MasterCard World Premium Credit Card
      0.374%
      MasterCard Signia Premium Credit Card
      0.606%
      MasterCard Elite Premium Credit Card
      0.606%

What's interesting though is that 0.415% rate. I believe there are cards which pay more cashback, plus a little jiggery pokery with balance transfers may prove a little in your favour.

£5k on Tesco would give you 1250 points, which is £50 worth of rewards, for 0.415% (£23). So negligble.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Amex / Avios cards are interchangeable. Apart from most wont take Amex.

Type of card

Type of card

Rate
        VISA Personal Credit Card
        0.415%
        MasterCard Personal Credit Card
        0.386%
        MasterCard World Premium Credit Card
        0.374%
        MasterCard Signia Premium Credit Card
        0.606%
        MasterCard Elite Premium Credit Card
        0.606%

What's interesting though is that 0.415% rate. I believe there are cards which pay more cashback, plus a little jiggery pokery with balance transfers may prove a little in your favour.

£5k on Tesco would give you 1250 points, which is £50 worth of rewards, for 0.415% (£23). So negligble.
        It really depends on your spend. My travel expenese are extreme. Also never dismiss the Amex 241.

Come on over to Flyertalk for more detailed discussions on Avios being worth between 0.7p and 4.1p each.

Also you are refferencing US market cards. Redo your sums on a BA Premier Amex.

* I don't think you mean Avios cards. Nice cut and paste though.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          It really depends on your spend. My travel expenese are extreme. Also never dismiss the Amex 241.

Come on over to Flyertalk for more detailed discussions on Avios being worth between 0.7p and 4.1p each.

Also you are refferencing US market cards. Redo your sums on a BA Premier Amex.

* I don't think you mean Avios cards. Nice cut and paste though.
          I don't need to come to flyer to discuss. Already an expert, and yes I know what companion vouchers are I have 4 available over two cards now. Value based on business vs economy.

And yes I did mean Avios cards. BA air miles and Avios are interchangable. I did have a good LLoyds Avios card a while back, so with the difference in fees may be worth calculating.

Comment

Value based on business vs economy.
            You are not factoring in SH/LH. LGW/LHR or ex-EU.

I would question your depth of expertise compared to mine.

Comment

You are not factoring in SH/LH. LGW/LHR or ex-EU.

I would question your depth of expertise compared to mine.
              Ok. I'll just stick my BA Gold Card and Hilton Diamond Card back in my wallet and smile. Have a good day.

Comment

Ok. I'll just stick my BA Gold Card and Hilton Diamond Card back in my wallet and smile. Have a good day.
                Good on you. One day you will get a Gold Life, GGL, then a GGL Life, and then if you waste your life as much as I do with this nonsense a BA Premier & Centurian. Ditch the HDC, pay for an LHW UL, live the life you pretend here on a 3/3 redemption instead of a 4/4 in the real world.

Hey, worst case scenario you will get a Sixt Diamond and a Priority pass.

Comment

Good on you. One day you will get a Gold Life, GGL, then a GGL Life, and then if you waste your life as much as I do with this nonsense a BA Premier & Centurian. Ditch the HDC, pay for an LHW UL, live the life you pretend here on a 3/3 redemption instead of a 4/4 in the real world.

Hey, worst case scenario you will get a Sixt Diamond and a Priority pass.
                  I prefer Tesco points myself. It's a pity they got rid of the 150 bonus points for buying a 50 Quid gift card because I was quite enjoying tying up the B&Q or Argos queue with 100 gift cards every time I bought a new kitchen for a house.

Comment

I prefer Tesco points myself. It's a pity they got rid of the 150 bonus points for buying a 50 Quid gift card because I was quite enjoying tying up the B&Q or Argos queue with 100 gift cards every time I bought a new kitchen for a house.
                    Good on you! Back to where we started, you can buy prepaid cards valid at loads of stores up to 400GBP at the PO and also valid as Visa online. So churn away. Stack with TCP if using Argos. I am looking at a three day old 499GBP TV that cost me 63GBP though I bought the prepaid Visa's at (PM me), Samsung 40ïnch curvy thing.

The silliest one I got involved in was the FB selling new currency to you with no postage charges. The Rotal Mint did it for a while but cottoned on quickly. I did well on both.

Comment

Good on you! Back to where we started, you can buy prepaid cards valid at loads of stores up to 400GBP at the PO and also valid as Visa online. So churn away. Stack with TCP if using Argos. I am looking at a three day old 499GBP TV that cost me 63GBP though I bought the prepaid Visa's at (PM me), Samsung 40ïnch curvy thing.

The silliest one I got involved in was the FB selling new currency to you with no postage charges. The Rotal Mint did it for a while but cottoned on quickly. I did well on both.

Wasn't the Royal Mint scam something to do with commemorative coins?

I was left with £29k of Royal Mint coins after HSBC refused them despite legal tender status | This is Money

Comment

Working...
                      X