• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heard it all now!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    A few years ago I had some MS software and the activation key didn't work. I got onto their support line, and they were entirely helpful and even had a follow-up call to make sure all was ok. Perhaps the competent staff have all moved on now though...
    I can only go by my experience - I've dealt with their support 4 times now, 2 for hardware and 2 for Azure. Each time incredibly bad - however, I love their development tools and their hardware is great - apart from the ms band. Just feels like they are getting it right in parts of their company but not quite customer orientated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I can only go by my experience - I've dealt with their support 4 times now, 2 for hardware and 2 for Azure. Each time incredibly bad - however, I love their development tools and their hardware is great - apart from the ms band. Just feels like they are getting it right in parts of their company but not quite customer orientated yet.
      I have worked with them over an obscure sql server to linked server issue a few years ago and the american chap was very good knew his stuff and was very helpful. Turned out as suspected it was the other vendors fault but Microsoft proved it wasn't them which is what I needed.

I have had a license issue & the lady was very pleasant + helpful.

Not had bad experiences with them. Some of my colleagues however have.

Now HP hardware support . The Compaq guys however were brilliant until they all left.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Now HP hardware support . The Compaq guys however were brilliant until they all left.
        Now don't get me started on HP printer software!

Comment

If I receive a cold call, I just hang up and block the number. Quick and simple. All "number withheld" go straight to answer machine (as do certain ranges of international numbers)
          Phone blockers work well. I blocked all international calls and that made a big difference. Only my bro likely to call me from abroad. Told him to leave a message and I'll call him back. Not sure it's a good idea to block withheld numbers though, some do that for genuine reasons.

A call log does show some odd numbers. I appear to have missed two calls from a detective agency. Wondering what that's about.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Phone blockers work well. I blocked all international calls and that made a big difference. Only my bro likely to call me from abroad. Told him to leave a message and I'll call him back. Not sure it's a good idea to block withheld numbers though, some do that for genuine reasons.

A call log does show some odd numbers. I appear to have missed two calls from a detective agency. Wondering what that's about.
            Doctors use withheld numbers.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Cold calls especially Microsoft Bobs get the full ancient celtic curse which will visit them, their family and the next five generations.

Smell the fear as they hang up.
              By which I assume you mean the fake Microsoft Bobs. You can have some fun with them. They want your IP address, and then get you to install some "special software". I gave them the IP of an Accenture firewall, and the ITSec number, told him to ask for a Walter Foukwitt.
              Not sure if anything fun actually did happen, but I do occasionally chuckle thinking about it...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X