• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Bad Work if You Can Get It!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Bad Work if You Can Get It!

Lady D’Souza, a former Lord Speaker, cited one example in which she said a peer ran into the Houses of Parliament “presumably to show that he’d attended”, while a taxi sat outside with the engine running. Members can claim as much as £300 a day for attending the Lords.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-doing-nothing
    The Chunt of Chunts.

One has to keep up with the EU

Fury caught on film as MEPs 'sign in and slope off' - Telegraph

Fury caught on film as MEPs 'sign in and slope off'
    Video footage of MEPs slapping and pushing a journalist filming them while they claim a £258 daily allowance after arriving arrived at work in the evening has sparked new calls for reform to the EU assembly.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Their credibility is virtually zero. If they don't pass the Brexit bill, their survival will be about as likely as Suity being Microsoft CEO.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Vote for Corbyn. He'll get rid of them
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Their credibility is virtually zero. If they don't pass the Brexit bill, their survival will be about as likely as Suity being Microsoft CEO.
          They should sacrifice themselves by denying brexit.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Let's not forget, it isn't the hereditaries and bishops by and large abusing the expenses system but the Government-appointed life peers and hangers on that infest the place.

So the obvious solution is to repeal Tony Blair's 1999 change that reduced the number of hereditary peers entitled to sit in the Lords from about 700 to 90.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              They should sacrifice themselves by denying brexit.
              Aww, bad loser is still stinging. Here, have some Play-Doh.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Let's not forget, it isn't the hereditaries and bishops by and large abusing the expenses system but the Government-appointed life peers and hangers on that infest the place.

So the obvious solution is to repeal Tony Blair's 1999 change that reduced the number of hereditary peers entitled to sit in the Lords from about 700 to 90.
                The more I read about the HoL the more astonishing it is that it's unelected, and for life!
                • More Members of the House fell into the 70–79 age band than any other age band
                • 16 Members were aged 90 or over
                House of Lords: Statistical Profile of Membership - Lords Library briefing - UK Parliament
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The more I read about the HoL the more astonishing it is that it's unelected, and for life!
                  Well since the place use to be full of "chaps" who inherited their title from the fact their great x grandfather did something for the king, or their great x grandmother was the king's mistress and he wanted his male off-spring recognised, I'm not sure why you are surprised?

At least the life peers actually worked for a living, and the religious guys didn't get there due to their birth either.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Here they all are in all their glory, 650 people who sucked LibLabCon cock and got a free ride for the rest of their life.

Comment

Working...
                    X