• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats going to happen to Sterling when Article 50 is invoked next month?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Well, as I earn in foreign currency and spend mostly in GBP, I hope the good old GBP goes through the floor!
    You and SAS are going to get on like a house on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      There's no sense of that being a hope strategy - countries have already said that they're looking forward to dealing with us post Brexit.
      Yeah we can always sell jam to Australia, I suppose.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Money to be made or fall already priced in?
        What does the FX Futures market say?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Predicting currency fluctuations is worth millions. If I knew, I wouldn't tell you for a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I'm going to take a punt on it falling based on the poor numbers on the economy that are beginning to come through
            I think you're right, but if Junker quits before then (rumoured) the Euro will fall so things might end up evens.

Sterling might fall before then if the HoL passes the A50 bill

EDIT: or it might rise with a favourable budget :-)
            Last edited by Platypus; 21 February 2017, 14:41.

Comment

What happens to the EURO when Ms Le Penn gets into the second round?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                Predicting currency fluctuations is worth millions. If I knew, I wouldn't tell you for a fact.
                Blimey can you move FX markets?

Comment

Don't think much will happen , as you say markets price this in and the 20% drop we have had already is making sterling look cheap.

The 2 years after that could be worth a punt, as the negotiations between UK and Europe go on (or not).
                  Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Blimey can you move FX markets?
                    When working at UBS in 1992 I saw the spot desk do it - almost on a daily basis. Very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      When working at UBS in 1992 I saw the spot desk do it - almost on a daily basis. Very impressive.
                      I did a very short stint with a then privately owned FX broker. I remember one client calling about his gain only to be told that the market had gone against him. Transpired that the trader had placed the phone order incorrectly and the client was up £70K. There was complete hush in the office as the tape was played followed by a long torrent of expletives by the boss.

Comment

Working...
                      X