• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside a contact, I can never only code.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside a contact, I can never only code.

Inside a contract not a problem because it pays the money, but when not in a contract I find it difficult to focus solely on learning new languages and frameworks.. I mean in a 50 minutes segment I will be learning coding 30 % of the time, and then 60 percent % of the time doing at least two other things like working on my political campaign, playing my online FPS, learning Deutsch.... and there is others too ..

The point is I literally I am bored to read code alone for 10 minutes at a time without some brain distraction to other "more interesting things"..... For most part of the day. However I do manage to find 1 - 2 hours almost every day when I'd focus exclusively on code learning and even enjoying it because I see how it expands my technical skills of delivering something someone with money may want....( to put it abruptly )..

And these long breaks in-between contacts can be hard ... especially when there are so many more interesting problems and activities to envolve yourself with besides coding ... like politics or staying fit, living healthy, consuming healthy intakes, maybe psychedelics , etc.
    Last edited by europetractor; 21 February 2017, 22:56.

What's the question?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      What's the question?
      I'm drunk and bored so should I write a stupid long post?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I'm drunk and bored so should I write a stupid long post?
        No it's fine. Stick to your short ones.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
          Inside a contract not a problem because it pays the money, but when not in a contract I find it difficult to focus solely on learning new languages and frameworks.. I mean in a 50 minutes segment I will be learning coding 30 % of the time, and then 60 percent % of the time doing at least two other things like working on my political campaign, playing my online FPS, learning Deutsch.... and there is others too ..

The point is I literally I am bored to read code alone for 10 minutes at a time without some brain distraction to other "more interesting things"..... For most part of the day. However I do manage to find 1 - 2 hours almost every day when I'd focus exclusively on code learning and even enjoying it because I see how it expands my technical skills of delivering something someone with money may want....( to put it abruptly )..

And these long breaks in-between contacts can be hard ... especially when there are so many more interesting problems and activities to envolve yourself with besides coding ... like politics or staying fit, living healthy, consuming healthy intakes, maybe psychedelics , etc.

Well, its 10 minutes more than I can stand to be bored by this utter tosh
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I think you've found your answer!

Comment

Rambling post #47 I see. Can't wait to read #48...

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                I think you've found your answer!
                long live THC

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  What's the question?
                  I thought I was happy .... .. but as I have grown little older...... IT and code is no longer the passion .. it has turned into work that requires our precious energy and time ... and I thought I was better than this...

Comment

long live THC

It's because you hAve no discipline. Hth. MF
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X