• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stoke & Copeland Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Word on the street is Lab will come 3rd in Copeland, but your Stoke bet should cover the loss.
    Traditionally Labour voters don't bother to vote in inclement weather. Planning the by-election for a massive storm is blatant gerrymandering from the Tories.
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Word on the street is Lab will come 3rd in Copeland, but your Stoke bet should cover the loss.
      IIRC, Labour were in the low 40s and the Tories were in the mid 30s in 2015, so 3rd would be an unprecedented collapse in the Labour vote...

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        Traditionally Labour voters don't bother to vote in inclement weather. Planning the by-election for a massive storm is blatant gerrymandering from the Tories.
        That's a fair point, actually....weather will definitely reduce turnout and that won't help Labour. But Corbyn has the drag of an end-of-days storm...

Comment

Is anyone staying up for the results? Can't be arsed myself.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Where exactly is it?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Is anyone staying up for the results? Can't be arsed myself.
              Nah. I assume Andrew Neil is on, but I can't be fecked TBH. Labour hold in Stoke, Tory gain in Copeland, I reckon.

Comment

Turnout Stoke 38% Turnout Copeland 51%

Results impossible to predict and Corbyn not going.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Nah. I assume Andrew Neil is on, but I can't be fecked TBH. Labour hold in Stoke, Tory gain in Copeland, I reckon.
                  Good call.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not today Hwell worth a punt
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

First time I ever remember a Govt turning over an opposition in a by election. Normally the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X