• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developer Timekeeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    It is just because of team huddles but working collaboratively as a team - the other devs at the moment need inputs from him for example, which they cannot do until he is in.
    Agree if he is not communicating then he isn't doing his job. If he was he could turn up late have the receptionisst backwards over the desk (consensually of course)and he would get away with it.

Have you tried using a tool for communicating basecamp etc?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I'm late every day and I absolutely LOVE IT.
      We are all different, early for me, then a before 5 finish, sometimes earlier.
      As I'm 80% WFH this is easy to do
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        So every day the other devs are waiting for him to tell them something so they can do their job - is that right?

Can't they speak to each other through out the day?
        You know what I am getting at.

Comment

So if the dev team work say 8.30 to say 5 and this dev works from 10 to late every day, the core project window is reduced and therefore by implication team efficiency is reduced. That is the point I am trying to make.#

And I think any person arriving at 10.00 is taking the micky anyhow quite frankly.

Comment

So if the dev team work say 8.30 to say 5 and this dev works from 10 to late every day, the core project window is reduced and therefore by implication team efficiency is reduced. That is the point I am trying to make.#

And I think any person arriving at 10.00 is taking the micky anyhow quite frankly.
            This was my POV entirely.

In my situation the client pretty much stated that was the reason.
            In addition, not being on the daily defect call with up to 40 others including MDs did not help her cause.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              We are all different, early for me, then a before 5 finish, sometimes earlier.
              As I'm 80% WFH this is easy to do
              are you actually talking to me without offending me? are you drunk again ?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                are you actually talking to me without offending me? are you drunk again ?
                Like to keep you on your toes (you lazy get)
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Why is he taking the mick? I like to work early that's my best thinking time, also when people are less likely to disturb me. If his best working time is 10am then that's his pattern. I do wonder why the core project window is reduced, because firstly I don't understand what that means and I worry that the team seems to come to a halt if he isnt there.

If he isn't producing the work then I understand. But it sounds like the team arent communicating unless they have a call or huddle. It's your job to ensure that the devs have what they need. If he is working on work that is required for 8.30am for the other devs then tell him.

Comment

Depends if they are getting their work done.

Remember, many of us choose to be contractors for flexibility. If he's pitching in at q0 but going at the same time as the others then I would agree with you. If he stays a fair bit later then so what?

Why not have your huddle at 1?

If you ever work on an international project your 9.00 will be irrelevant.

Comment

Where exactly are you? A 10am start could be because his commute is such that he can either be in for 7:30 or for 10 but aiming for a 8:30 or 9am arrival isn't worth the grief....

Equally it could be that there is a school run to do before hand and trust me you don't want to kick that off with someone who knows how to complain...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X