• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developer Timekeeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    So I am working on a project in a PM capacity with couple of devs and testers, standard setup.
    However one of the contractor developers doesn't rock up until after 10.00am each morning which means any team huddles, meets cannot happen until he rocks up.

So I am going to suggest to the permie manger who oversees him that he is asked to come in for 9.00 (9.30am latest) so as the project day can start then. Fair enough request me thinks ?
    Could it be he was told when he started the gig that the core hours were 10-4 (or whatever) and he is working to that? It's one of the standard questions when taking a contract isn't it? Number of hours per day / week / month (depending on schedule of work) and whether they are fixed / flexible?
    Last edited by doconline; 24 February 2017, 10:33. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      We are all different, early for me, then a before 5 finish, sometimes earlier.
      As I'm 80% WFH this is easy to do

I think I'll finish around 11am today, still bill them for a full day.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I think I'll finish around 11am today, still bill them for a full day.
        Anything over 5 hours is billed as a full day for me.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          So I am working on a project in a PM capacity with couple of devs and testers, standard setup.
          However one of the contractor developers doesn't rock up until after 10.00am each morning which means any team huddles, meets cannot happen until he rocks up.

So I am going to suggest to the permie manger who oversees him that he is asked to come in for 9.00 (9.30am latest) so as the project day can start then. Fair enough request me thinks ?
          I feel your pain I have 3 back to back stand ups from 9.45 to 10.30 and some of Devs miss them still
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            I feel your pain I have 3 back to back stand ups from 9.45 to 10.30 and some of Devs miss them still
            You have 3 stand ups - when does anyone get any work done. What's up with people that they need these get togethers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              I hope NLYUK has let you use her slippers & the lube.

Just had a 1:1 with my manager of the 35 minutes length I spoke for 3, he loves the sound of his own voice.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Anything over 5 hours is billed as a full day for me.

...I started at 10:30 last night.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  You have 3 stand ups - when does anyone get any work done. What's up with people that they need these get togethers.
                  Tell me about it, I find it nuts to be fair but at the moment I'm covering all the work done by these teams and where the development teams have been ramped up to full strength quite quickly using contractors testing has nowhere near the correct amount of bodies to cope.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I have loads of meetings.

Myself and a few others either book in our calendars we have private appointments or meetings with each other. This means our meeting have to happen at another time.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      ...I started at 10:30 last night.
                      Ouch.

Hope you are on an hourly rate
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X