Can't get any work done, Misses working from home. Can't get any work done, Misses working from home. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 35

Super poster

fullyautomatix 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I work from home but.... the misses has started to work from home a couple of days a week.

I get a running commentary on everything, the weather, the mail, the amount of mail, whats in my mail. I get lots of coffees but they are my only break, so now I don't even have an excuse to leave my desk.

I'm also being told that I'm not giving the dog enough attention. I'm also now the default IT support for her mac.

I've tried explaining to her that I'm working and it's similar to her walking in on a colleague and just talking to them.

What can i do?

It's a roundabout way of telling you that she is horny and is looking for a shag. Just shag her senseless and she will leave you in peace for the rest of the day.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Nightmare, and I bet she's noticed the tissues aren't going down as quickly as well. #Busted
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Super poster

TheCyclingProgrammer is NOT a disguised employee

Apart from this she is great.
    More serious answer: do what I'm planning to do and get a garden office. You can get a proper insulated timber framed garden office with all mod cons for £10-15k (though I'm currently seriously contemplating going down the self-build route - they aren't that complicated to build).

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    More serious answer: do what I'm planning to do and get a garden office. You can get a proper insulated timber framed garden office with all mod cons for £10-15k (though I'm currently seriously contemplating going down the self-build route - they aren't that complicated to build).
    Yep I went to look at one a got a quote for 15k (Manchester - if anyone is interested can supply website), professional setup, architect and engineer.

But I'm thinking of converting the garage to an office. Get a cheaper garage in the side garden and have it as a garage/gym. Only thing is I can't use the company money to convert the garage. And have a long list of things that need doing on the house before the garage.

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nightmare, and I bet she's noticed the tissues aren't going down as quickly as well. #Busted
    Speaks a man from experience.

Should post faster

europetractor is good enough for Jehovah!

I work from home but.... the misses has started to work from home a couple of days a week.

I get a running commentary on everything, the weather, the mail, the amount of mail, whats in my mail. I get lots of coffees but they are my only break, so now I don't even have an excuse to leave my desk.

I'm also being told that I'm not giving the dog enough attention. I'm also now the default IT support for her mac.

I've tried explaining to her that I'm working and it's similar to her walking in on a colleague and just talking to them.

What can i do?
    What do you have a webcam in your home cubicle ? Just pay some Bob to send some emails now and then and generally pretend there is someone at your desk.

Double Godlike!

MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It's a roundabout way of telling you that she is horny and is looking for a shag. Just shag her senseless and she will leave you in peace for the rest of the day.
    Certainly works with your "Mrs", although granted she doesn't really bear much ability in the conversational stakes

Super poster

quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

Yep I went to look at one a got a quote for 15k (Manchester - if anyone is interested can supply website), professional setup, architect and engineer.

But I'm thinking of converting the garage to an office. Get a cheaper garage in the side garden and have it as a garage/gym. Only thing is I can't use the company money to convert the garage. And have a long list of things that need doing on the house before the garage.
    This. Since we moved to South Brum nigh on 18 months ago I've been in the dining room, isn't too bad but yes there are distractions a plenty.

However there are plans a foot to convert the garage to spare room and also and an office (not just a bedroom, a specific working office for moi which will have a light system for busy, bugger off; not busy, still leave me alone. )

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

Double Godlike!

MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by quackhandle View Post
    This. Since we moved to South Brum nigh on 18 months ago I've been in the dining room, isn't too bad but yes there are distractions a plenty.

However there are plans a foot to convert the garage to spare room and also and an office (not just a bedroom, a specific working office for moi which will have a light system for busy, bugger off; not busy, still leave me alone. )

qh
    Yes, but would green really mean Enter

Super poster

MyUserName is NOT a disguised employee

Put on headphones and make it hassle to get your attention?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615