• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dangerous Hotpoint Tumble Dryers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I can't afford cheap stuff, having to replace it every 3 years or worse, rebuild my house after a fire
    Totally the point.

I'm a tight sod too, so always buy quality .

Best analogy is buying good shoes circa £500+, you certainly, if you buy right, don't need a new pair every year.
    You do if you buy shoes for £100.
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 24 February 2017, 18:42.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Must try to see if the staff store ships abroad when I'm next at the end-client...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Not everyone can afford top of the range stuff.
        May I remind you this is a contractor forum, kindly take your communist views elsewhere.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

When this whole thing started, around November 2015, I contacted them using their online form (o 23/11/15) and found I had an affected tumble drier.

They sent me a replacement brand new tumber drier on 5th December 2015.

Terrible customer service. Terrible. Just under two weeks to get me a new drier. Dreadful.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            When this whole thing started, around November 2015, I contacted them using their online form (o 23/11/15) and found I had an affected tumble drier.

Terrible customer service. Terrible. Just under two weeks to get me a new drier. Dreadful.
            The terrible customer service appeared as soon as they ran out of new driers - probably roughly December 6th 2015...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Lucky man - we have given up.

Comment

Working...
              X